Cable

Neala
Grasshopper

0 Kudos
7 Replies

I am unhappy with my cable; now I pay more and get less o...

Neala
Grasshopper

I am unhappy with my cable; now I pay more and get less of what I want; I want to cancel my cable 

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Neala -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

Given the recent (April 3, 2023) takeover of Shaw by Rogers, existing Shaw TV/Phone/Internet subscribers will have to contact Rogers, to open a new account.

You may cancel your services at any time, but Shaw has a $20/month penalty for cancelling during your two-year Value Plan contract.  Contact Shaw [1-888-472-2222] if you want to cancel.

In the past, Telus has offered me $20/month "buyout" money, if I switched everything to Telus, thus offseting the penalty that Shaw will charge. I don't know if this offer still is available.

0 Kudos

new customers would still contact Shaw for new services....

gordon1111
Grasshopper

@mdk new customers would still contact Shaw for new services. They aren’t being directed to Rogers yet. Shaw branded as Rogers Together with Shaw and Rogers are still 2 separate companies. The number to contact Rogers Together with Shaw is 888-472-2222 

0 Kudos

-- other contributors to this discussion forum have said...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gordon1111 -- other contributors to this discussion forum have said the opposite, namely that new "sign-ups" need to contact Rogers, not Shaw. Existing Shaw customers that want to modify their current contract, e.g., to delete a TV channel, can still contact Shaw.

Yes, the 1-888-472-2222 number has always belonged to Shaw. After April 3, 2023, Rogers will be answering that number. 

Shaw branded as Rogers Together with Shaw and Rogers are still 2 separate companies. 

Not really. On April 3, 2023, Rogers completed the purchase of Shaw.  So, at the "top", there is only one company, during this time of "transition".

For example, my mobile telephone now shows the provider as "ROGERS", instead of "SHAW", and the monthly invoices that I see are no longer branded as "Shaw".

0 Kudos

If you check the rogers website and click internet it red...

gordon1111
Grasshopper

If you check the rogers website and click internet it redirects you to the Rogers Together with Shaw website and not the Rogers website. Yes they are still 2 separate companies. Rogers Together with Shaw is operating as a subsidiary company of Rogers Communications. It takes quite a long time to become one company. Even though it is being sold as Ignite services it is still being provided by Rogers Together with Shaw at this time. I have spoken with people at Rogers Together with Shaw who have informed me that Rogers Together with Shaw is the provider and not Rogers directly.

-- thanks for "splitting hairs" to define the relationshi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gordon1111 -- thanks for "splitting hairs" to define the relationship between Rogers as the owner of both the "Rogers" and the "Rogers Together With Shaw" divisions.  

Just one CEO and one Board of Directors, and no current listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange for "SJRB.TO".

0 Kudos

Thank you for “correcting” me MDK you obviously know way...

gordon1111
Grasshopper

Thank you for “correcting” me MDK, I must be wrong.