This afternoon, I missed a telephone-call from Shaw - 833...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

This afternoon, I missed a telephone-call from Shaw - 833-793-1026 -- but the caller did not leave voice-mail.

Then, via a Google-search for this telephone-number, I  found this discussion thread. 

I called back, and it really was Shaw who called me.

My current two-year Value Plan is expiring on June 2, this year.

My most-recent Shaw invoice was $187 for Personal-TV/Internet-300/HomePhone and $24 of add-ons (time-shift, suspense pack, Nat Geo, Discovery), before taxes. It did go up, a small amount, on January 1, 2021 -- every Shaw customer got an increase in HomePhone pricing.

I was offered another two-year Value Plan, starting today, for $194/month, plus taxes, with all the same services.

When I noticed that the "starting-today" offer would cost me an additional $7/month for March/April/May, I was offered a one-time $25 credit, which will (approximately) offset the $21 "extra" that I would be paying by starting a new plan, rather than renewing closer to my end-date on June 2.

For me, this is a good deal -- 3 months at approximately the same price as my current plan, and then 21 more months of no-price-increases-on-base-services, paying only $7/month more than my current plan for those 21 months.

I accepted the offer from "Michael at Shaw".

Of course, since my new contract ends in February 2023, Shaw may again be "proactively" calling me about 5 months early, namely in October 2022.

It's been a long time since I first signed-up with Shaw, and got "Internet 5". Yes, FIVE

That’s not a bad deal and minimal price increase. Also, f...

rstra
Grand Master

That’s not a bad deal and minimal price increase. Also, factor in the savings from your free cell phone, and the deal is even better. 

Based on some of the bundle deals on the Shaw site, it appears that Shaw is trying to be more competitive than they have been in the last couple of years.

Same thing happened to me today. I didn't receive any ema...

AlexZhang12321
Grasshopper

Same thing happened to me today. I didn't receive any email as well. Feels like they are recording our voice, makes me a little bit concern. 

0 Kudos

--  Feels like they are recording our voice, makes me a l...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@AlexZhang12321 --  Feels like they are recording our voice, makes me a little bit concern. 

I disagree. When I called them, on February 4, 2021, I was able to verify that it really was Shaw.

To confirm, when I logon to the My Shaw Portal, I see:

February 4, 2021 Triple Play Installation Fee 0.00
February 4, 2021 Internet 2-year ValuePlan Agreement 0.00
February 4, 2021 2-year ValuePlan AC DOCSIS 3N Advanced WiFi Modem Price Guarantee 0.00
February 4, 2021 Internet & TV 2-year ValuePlan Agreement 0.00
February 4, 2021 2-year ValuePlan Personal TV Price Guarantee 0.00
February 4, 2021 2-year ValuePlan Internet 300 Price Guarantee

There were more transactions, but you get the idea that the above changes were made to my Shaw Account, on the date that I called them.

Anyway, one should always be aware that Caller-ID information can easily be "spoofed".

Be alert. The world needs more lerts. 🙂

P.S. Note that I did not get any "price guarantee" for the Shaw Phone service, because Shaw states that it is not a "base service", whatever that is.

0 Kudos

This morning I got a call from 8337931026. I didn't answe...

freda999
Grasshopper

This morning I got a call from 8337931026. I didn't answer. Whoever it was didn't leave a voicemail. If it was Shaw you would think they would leave you a message. Why isn't anyone from Shaw in here telling us if that is their number or not?

0 Kudos

Shaw's customer service is boarding on terrible.  But, it...

mac320
Grasshopper

Shaw's customer service is boarding on terrible.  But, it should be no surprise given the pending take over by the leader in Canada for terrible customer service: Rogers.

Give them a call and see what they want.

0 Kudos

-- Why isn't anyone from Shaw in here telling us if that...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@freda999 -- Why isn't anyone from Shaw in here telling us if that is their number or not?

Although I have never been employed by Shaw, and have never worked for Shaw, I know that it is their number.

As I previously posted, I called them back, and got an early (February 2021 before my June 2, 2021 expiry) renewal of my two-year Value Plan. No penalty for cancelling the March/April/May months that were remaining on the contract. In fact, although my monthly payments went up, slightly, starting in June, those 3 months stayed at the previous rate.

That's good to know. Did you new monthly payment starting...

freda999
Grasshopper

That's good to know. Did you new monthly payment starting for the new 2 year plan go up a lot or just a few bucks?

0 Kudos

It's not really shaw,  its a reseller of shaw services. t...

Veridical
Grasshopper

It's not really shaw,  its a reseller of shaw services. that is who i got. they are not shaw employees, they get a percentage for signing you up that is why they are persistent. very persistent. They have called me every single day now, with no message. I have 3 months left and not ready to sign up for another 2 years this soon as technology is always changing. For a few bucks more or perhaps less I could be potentially missing out on better, faster service. So personally I won't be answering their calls until I am ready & not before!

0 Kudos

-- Did your new monthly payment starting for the new 2 ye...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@freda999 -- Did your new monthly payment starting for the new 2 year plan go up a lot or just a few bucks?

The total monthly cost for my new two-year Value Plan (starting on March 2021) is 4% higher than my previous V.P. that started in June 2019.  So, 2% more per year is much less than the increase in gasoline & houses over the same 2 years.

Shaw even continued my monthly cost for March/April/May 2021 to be at the "old" rate, as if I had I not renewed in February.

0 Kudos