(Whomever) just because they can no longer provide TV ser...

whomever
Grasshopper

@mdk wrote:

True. Two years ago, a $9 steak was a great price, as compared to $12+ today.

(Whomever) just because they can no longer provide TV service here so I lose my package deal.

(MDK) What happened? Where do you live?

OK, but you asked 🙂

For about 20 - 25 years I had the 3 pack plan. TV, Phone + Internet.
With TV, suddenly, with no changes here, the signal would drop off  random times, random days. The screen would simply show "Not subscribed". 

I'd make what became a normal 40 minute call, once human came on. The first reaction would be,  'That's probable because your sill is overdue. I'll transfer you to billing. I'd get billing to send me back and start the queue again cut the agent short at the start by saying 'Here is what you need to do (I became a min-expert after 5 - 10 calls)  and read out the steps the agent needs to take to reset it. 

After months of this, and getting "Not subscribed"  pop up right at start of game overtime during playoffs 😠 

Techs came and went, & after 3 months of this, agreed it was their system, not anything here. I said 'I don't want to pay for something I can't have." So Shaw cancelled the TV for me and raised my rates because they said I cancelled the TV, thereby cancelling the package deal. A-typical of today's tech market of pay more for less. 

Several months later Ottawa said I was right and Shaw should not charge me for something they can't provide. Shaw went back to Deal plus "promotion" discounts "for life of service". Rates could go up, but reinstate discounts after increases.

Now Shaw has those contract they advertised they didn't use. It messes with the rates, discounts and 'plans'. 

This recent 'contract renewal' increased by $14.00/mo. It is so convoluted now that my explanations when renewing go way over the head of the sales agent renewing the contract.  Nothing changed, except the "Up to" means squat when it's 15 seconds and reached acceptable 'up to' then 5 second pause, continue for 15 seconds and 5 pause and repeated. while businesses get their hefty share.

To your other question, I live a community of 30k when the city is not using Alternate Approval, 40k when they do.

C'est la vie - 

~w

-- increased by $14/month. What was the "before" cost?  W...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@whomever -- increased by $14/month.

What was the "before" cost?  Was that a now-expired (or now-cancelled) two-year Value Plan, where your costs were "frozen" for the two years, thus avoiding any inflation?

What do you mean by Alternate Approval ?  How is that relevant?

Yes, cancelling a two-year contract means that if you stay with Shaw, you pay their "month-to-month" rate, which can be higher than having a two-year contract.

If you are not currently on a contract, then do research the price that Telus will offer, as a "new" customer with promotional discounts.

0 Kudos

Fires destroyed lines on Westside road kelowna, unknown r...

Whtbnt
Grasshopper

Fires destroyed lines on Westside road kelowna, unknown repair time provided, been over 60 days and no estimate, shaw states they will reimburse but I am still being charged, I have moved to telus for interim as life without internet no feasible with work.... now penalties to cancel telus.... what will shaw do to offset $300.00 in penalties

0 Kudos

Rogers (Shaw) will do nothing and still  find a way to ra...

mac320
Grasshopper

Rogers (Shaw) will do nothing and still  find a way to raise the rates. You may be better off with Telus.

0 Kudos

You are lucky, most resident’s Telus is still out. Rogers...

rstra
Grand Master

@Whtbnt  You are lucky, most resident’s Telus is still out. Rogers likely won’t refund your Telus contract, should have gone month to month.

0 Kudos