financial help

craig4
Grasshopper

hi i am posting this question or rant as a shot towards how i feel shaw treated me today.

recently i broke my leg (tib/fib) while hiking. was airlifted outta pemberton etc blah blah 

long story short 3-6 month recovery all that , i have been reducing bills as much as possible  you know cause medical e.i pays for **bleep** really . i able to defer my car loan for 60 days etc through scotiabank which was/is helpful

honestly thought because i have a contract , legit medical reason and a good standing account they would help me .

no nothing to help legit causes at all except to suspend services whcih doesnt  help because im stuck literrally on my couch. truly dissapointed to be treated like **bleep** and the to have an offer of new services from shaw home with a bill credit.  like **bleep** homie i didnt want shaw tv to begin with. just wanted internet but then you charge crazy prices for basic services anyways and include discounts blah blah.,,  i encourage people to seriously consider not signing contract with these providers because it locks in payments AND when you need help there is none.

life lesson learned today 

thanks shaw 

and suk on my chcolaty ballz

3 Replies

You could change the level of service on your ValuePlan a...

rstra
Grand Master

@craig4   You could change the level of service on your ValuePlan as long as you maintain a minimum of at least Fibre+ 25. 

There are payment extensions options available, but only if you are behind on your account. I agree, there should be other options for those in similar situations as yourself. 

0 Kudos

Ya never once mentioned at all. Like I said my experience...

craig4
Grasshopper

Ya never once mentioned at all. Like I said my experience has left a bad taste in my mouth but I kinda just wanted people to know that Shaw isnt all that with customer service consistently 

-- it locks in payments Not really. During the two-year c...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@craig4 -- it locks in payments

Not really. During the two-year contract, you're paying $100 to $200 per month. Tell Shaw to cancel the contract, and pay the cancellation fee ($20 per month if you have 2 services), to save $80 to $180 per month, for the remaining months in your contract.

Also, while reading this, scroll-down and click the "Your Voice" hyperlink, to submit a message to Shaw about your financial situation. Hopefully, you will get a response from a Shaw employee who is more-broadly trained than the first-level Agents, who have their limits (change your account, add/delete TV channels, et cetera).

In the recent past, Telus has offered me a "buy-out" (offsetting that $20/month cancellation-fee for all of the remaining months) if I switch everything to them, as a "new customer".  Something for you to consider.

0 Kudos