GST & PST

DYU
Grasshopper

The amount of my invoice is $109.00 (after all discount) before taxes.  GST is $5.45 which is correct (5% on $109), but PST is $8.68 which looks like charging on $124.00 instead of $109.00.

30 Replies

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is n...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DYU -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is not a path to Shaw Support.

If you logon to the My Shaw Portal, you can view your bills, and under "Transactions", you can view details of each individual charge/credit to your account.

Or, access www.shaw.ca/chat to make online contact with Shaw Support, to resolve your issue.

0 Kudos

I have already contacted Shaw Support via online chat.  T...

DYU
Grasshopper

I have already contacted Shaw Support via online chat.  They did find out that the tax calculation issue exists on not only my account.  And they said they are going to fix it. 

Hi ,  I have a same issue. I just moved to BC from Albert...

hanaa0611
Grasshopper

Hi @DYU

I have a same issue. I just moved to BC from Alberta, so just received the bill with BC address and PST has been charged.

My monthly bill is $114 - $60 (discount) = $54 before tax. GST 5% is charged on $54. However, my PST amount is $11.34 which they were charing on $162. I don't even know how they get $162 and they should charge 7% PST on after discount amount which is $54. 

Did Shaw solve your problem? 

IMG_2593.jpg

0 Kudos

They did fix my problem after I contacted them in Februar...

DYU
Grasshopper

@hanaa0611 

They did fix my problem after I contacted them in February.  However after two bills, the issue came back again. I will need to call them.  

0 Kudos

-- for me: $194.00 - Current Monthly Services     $9.70...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@hanaa0611 -- for me:

$194.00 - Current Monthly Services
    $9.70 - NET GST (873690457RT)  [exactly 5%]
  $10.85 - NET PST

Since 7% PST on $155.00 is $10.85, there must be some PST-exempt item(s) on my invoice.

0 Kudos

That’s good at least you are not over charged PST. I talk...

hanaa0611
Grasshopper

That’s good at least you are not over charged PST. I talked to Shaw representative and they told me they are going to fix it this time but I feel like it will be ongoing issue. I talked to the manager and assistant and they don’t understand what the issue is why the calculation is off.....all they’re saying it “we are not accounting department” 

Probably there are many people who might be overcharged PST not aware of the issue...

0 Kudos

I talked to Shaw representative and they told me they are...

hanaa0611
Grasshopper

I talked to Shaw representative and they told me they are going to fix it this time but I feel like it will be ongoing issue. I talked to the manager and assistant and they don’t understand what the issue is why the calculation is off.....all they’re saying it “we are not accounting department” I had to explain to them buying the discounted dress and would you pay PST on full original price? And they seemed to get it but it will be only temporary fix after reading yours.

Probably there are many people who might be overcharged PST not aware of the issue...

0 Kudos

Hi,   This is happening to me right now.  I called them a...

LStark
Grasshopper

Hi,

This is happening to me right now.  I called them and they told me that is the way they do taxes and did not offer me any help at all.  I recently signed a contract with Shaw.  I signed for 175 (this is a discounted amount).  I asked them with taxes it will be $196 (PST/GST included), and they said yes that is what I will see in my billing.  And I received my billing today and they charged me extra $4 dollars, because they calculated the taxes using the amount with no discount.. Now I have to pay $199 instead of $196.  I know its only $4.. but that is not right to deceive customers that way.  I think its not very transparent.

Is there any way that I can do to get them correct this one?  any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

In BC, basic cable and telephone landline are exempt PST....

Cmac410
Grasshopper

In BC, basic cable and telephone landline are exempt PST. Basic cable would be $25 (limited TV amount), applicable on all TV packages.