I have paid my bill, my internet is still not connected, please help

shaunmae
Grasshopper

11 Replies

Sometimes it takes some time to get the payment informati...

rstra
Grand Master

Sometimes it takes some time to get the payment information from your bank to Shaw. Call or chat in if you are still not connected. 

I called and the lady had no way of telling me what to do...

250jason
Grasshopper

I called and the lady had no way of telling me what to do or when it will come back on...she said it will at at some point though. Pretty disappointing considering I just paid 900 dollars

0 Kudos

900 bucks s a hue chunk, that almost 6 months of service....

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

@250jason 900 bucks s a hue chunk, that almost 6 months of service. wow expensive service.  hope today it will be on for you.  it no acceptable to leave your services off for that amount of money paid. call billing maybe let them the payment.,  

0 Kudos

i paid my bill

tiffany13
Grasshopper

i paid my bill

0 Kudos

You need to contact Rogers, chat or call in.

rstra
Grand Master

@tiffany13  You need to contact Rogers, chat or call in. 

0 Kudos

I love how they expect you to pay for the time you were d...

Berdy
Grasshopper

I love how they expect you to pay for the time you were disconnected.      Paying for nothing is why I recommend shaw

-- I love how they expect you to pay for the time you wer...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Berdy -- I love how they expect you to pay for the time you were disconnected.

Interesting.  

I have a contract with ICBC for automobile insurance. On the days that I do not drive my car, I do not get a 1/365 refund of my contract.

I have a two-year Value Plan contract with Shaw. When I am away on a 14-day vacation, I do not get a 14/365 refund. I suppose that if I were to be away for a long time, Shaw would let me either "suspend" or "downgrade" their services.

I do not have a contract with BC Transit. On the days that I do not take the bus, I pay nothing to them.

So, since you probably have a contract with Shaw, you are expected to pay, under the terms of the contract.

Paying for nothing is why I recommend Shaw [together with Rogers]

Are you being satirical?  😞

0 Kudos

Okay fine so we screwed up eat the day or two for the rec...

Venomous604
Grasshopper

Okay fine so we screwed up eat the day or two for the reconnection. 

How ever using your example if you decided to just not show up for work or that you felt like doing matnence on your truck did not inform icbc of the required time just say simply updated your Twitter would there not be reporcutions. 

So I pose the point that in addition to the Down time at out fault, what off the weeks a year in down time for service due to updates, upgrades of there hardware, disasters and other software, weater, an routine matnence. 

There is no courtesy credits, there's no option to opt out, there's no option but to again pay for service that in a years time at least over the last few years for me has worked out to about a week and a half a year. I am hyper aware of it as it usually takes place as I get off work and want to unwind from working afternoons 

Well payment went thru and service is back under 10 minutes so I no longer feel the need to purpose more toward this argument. 

Take care.

1000012258.jpg

0 Kudos

-- what of the weeks a year in downtime for service due t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Venomous604 -- what of the weeks a year in downtime for service due to updates, upgrades of their hardware, disasters, and other software, weather, and routine maintenance.

I have never experienced "weeks" of downtime.

Shaw schedules their very-occassional routine maintenance, updates & upgrade between midnight (Alberta timezone) and 6 AM.  During those hours, I am sleeping.  I understand that some shift-workers might be affected -- come home from employment at a bar/restaurant after 2 AM, and want to use the Internet before they "wind down" and go to sleep.

What business compensates for extreme weather? Not BC Hydro. Not BC Transit. Not BC Ferries. Not snowed-in shopping malls. Not Telus. Not Shaw.

It would be nice if Shaw did control the weather.  Then, fewer retirees would move from the freeze-your-nuts-off Prairie winters to "downsize" into high-cost housing in Greater Vancouver or Vancouver Island or Salt Spring Island. 🙂

0 Kudos