No Internet for 6 days and shaw dont want to give me new modem

LivingGod
Grasshopper

hi

First of all i lost all my work for 6 days because of shaw modem problem.  Technician came and replaced old modem with another refurbished blue curve. I wanted to get new modem...instead shaw is babbling its for fibre 1gig. I do not think so. Modems work for any plan.

Shaw is not problem as such but Shaw CSR s are terrible, They just read what they have given. Dont understand customer view point at all. Sure they may not have power to decide but they need to be a problem solvers.

Anyways i need to keep calling until i need to get modem.  Refund money do not account for all the work i lost on those days.

1 Reply

-- Shaw is babbling its for fibre 1gig. I do not think so...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LivingGod -- Shaw is babbling its for fibre 1gig. I do not think so. Modems work for any plan.

A few months ago, a friend using Telus Internet got a promotional brochure from Shaw, offering their "Fibre+ 500" plan, with the XB7 modem.

The older HITRON cable-modem does not work for all plans -- it is limited to 300 Mbps for download, and 15 Mbps for upload. So, if you want a plan that is faster than 300, you need the XB6 or XB7 devices.

It's probably a business decision -- new customers choosing speeds up to 300 Mbps get the HITRON, thus reserving their supply of the BlueCurve modems to customers signing-up for the faster speeds.  So, it is possible that Shaw wants to deploy all their inventory of HITRON modems, wherever they can, before all their customers switch to faster-than-300 plans.

0 Kudos