Package Bundles Prices..?

carpaumil
Grasshopper

I'm a few months over my 2 year contract and I'm blown away at the price of the bundles.  I thought there might be a summer deal, back to school deal.  Nothing. I can't find anything reasonable online except these outrageous packages @shaw.  Has anyone found any lately?  I'm about to pull the plug and move to telus..which is not desirable, but have no choice.  I sure ain't paying these prices.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies

HOW LONG YOU WITH SHAW DURING YOUR 2 YEARS.  DID YOU ASK...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

HOW LONG YOU WITH SHAW DURING YOUR 2 YEARS.  DID YOU ASK TREHM AND SEE IF THEY WIL GIVE YOU A REASONALBE RATE THAN THOSE BUNDLES?  If you can cancel within your full contract, there is a 20 bucks a month remaining and yes it sucks.  

0 Kudos

I've been with shaw for probably 28 out of the last 30 ye...

carpaumil
Grasshopper

I've been with shaw for probably 28 out of the last 30 years.  Those other 2 years with telus because Shaw didn't service my area.   My contract ended in the spring. When that happened, they jacked up the rate.  And the bundles are even more.  This is absurd.   I've been in contact with Telus this morning (and I hate Telus) but I guess that's where I'm going.   Such a PITA switching. .

0 Kudos

Contact Shaw, the will work with you.

rstra
Grand Master

@carpaumil Contact Shaw, the will work with you.

0 Kudos

-- outrageous [Shaw] packages. From TELUS' web-sites, for...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@carpaumil -- outrageous [Shaw] packages.

From TELUS' web-sites, for new customers:

1. Requires a bundle of Telus Mobility with Telus Internet, but only 75 Mbps. Huge cancellation penalty.

TELUS Internet: https://www.telus.com/en/deals-and-bundles/gigabit-internet?

Regular price of $135/mo. and unlimited data $20/mo. applies thereafter.
Fees apply for early cancellation -- $360, declining by $15/month.
No price increase during the 24 months.

Price includes $10/month discount for TELUS & Koodo Mobility customers.
[This price is] available to TELUS Mobility customers who purchase qualifying TELUS Home Services product(s).
-------------

2. Requires a bundle of Telus Optik TV with Telus Internet, but only 75 Mbps

Optik TV and Internet: https://www.telus.com/en/deals-and-bundles/optik-bundle

Offer: $143/mo.
Includes your choice of streaming services and live TV, plus Internet 75.
Offer requires a 2 year term.
Regular price of $178/month ... applies thereafter.
-------------

3. A "free" iPad with Telus Optik TV and Telus Internet, but only 75 Mbps: https://www.telus.com/en/deals-and-bundles/apple-ipad-gwp-essentials

Offer includes: the latest iPad with 32GB of storage and WiFi + Cellular capability worth $599.99

Download the Optik TV app from the App Store and watch live TV, manage recordings and stream On Demand movies and series.

Optik TV Essentials ($40/month) with over 125 channels based on your region.

Internet 75: $100/month

---------------------------------------

So, is Telus just as "outrageous" as Shaw?

0 Kudos

-- My contract ended in the spring. When that happened, t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@carpaumil -- My contract ended in the spring. When that happened, they jacked up the rate.  And the bundles are even more. 

My contract was scheduled to end at the start of June 2021. Shaw called me, in February 2021, to offer me a new Two Year Value Plan, with the same services, for only 4% more than their price as of June 2019.  So, a 2% increase per year.

Yes, going from an ended contract to by-the-month is more expensive.

I think that the whole point to bundles is to provide a discount, not to charge "even more".

As @rstra  wrote: contact Shaw. Be sure to mention that you are contemplating switching to Telus, and see what they can do for "customer retention".

0 Kudos