Rogers discount for Shaw customers

wynford
Grasshopper

This was posted on my apartment's bulletin board this morning and it's still there.

Is this a scam as I couldn't find anything in a google search nor a reverse lookup of the phone number?

IMG_0256.JPG

20 Replies

Hi  ,  Many times now Shaw/Rogers has come to my apt. bui...

g-idk
Master

Hi @wynford ,  Many times now Shaw/Rogers has come to my apt. building and set a table up in the lobby to attract new customers, but I have never seen this poster before displayed and I'm not aware of them offering a 40% discount for existing customers.  Maybe see if you can ask your building manager/landlord if they might know anything about this upcoming event in the lobby.  It might all be on the up and up but something doesn't smell right.  Take Care.  

0 Kudos

I could see maybe for new customers, but this says existi...

wynford
Grasshopper

I could see maybe for new customers, but this says existing customers.

I'll check with the building manager next time I see them.

0 Kudos

-- that telephone number really belongs to Shaw. I did a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- that telephone number really belongs to Shaw. I did a Google-search (not Bing-search) for the telephone number, and found some information.

See: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-discussions/fiber-internet/td-p/4073

where a Shaw employee mentions this number, and that Shaw has special pricing for all units in an apartment, condominium, and co-op MURBs ("Multiple Unit Residential Building").

I once helped a friend in a co-op that had signed-up with Shaw, and was surprised to see how many SSIDs accessible from her unit were being broadcast by Telus modem/router units -- probably not taking advantage of the lower pricing being available from Shaw.  Waste of their money!

, I agree with your last statement.  Let us know on here...

g-idk
Master

@wynford , I agree with your last statement.  Let us know on here what ends up happening.  

0 Kudos

It sure would be nice, but there's probably a ton of rest...

wynford
Grasshopper

It sure would be nice, but there's probably a ton of restrictions and I still have 16 months on my current contract so I probably wouldn't qualify.

0 Kudos

-- this says existing customers .. Of course, Shaw wants...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- this says existing customers ..

Of course, Shaw wants to keep receiving the monthly payments from their existing customers, in addition to "stealing" non-Shaw customers in your building, and evolving them into Shaw/Rogers customers.

Keep us informed of the meeting, to see if it is "snake-oil" or good marketing by Shaw/Rogers.

0 Kudos

I will once I find out more info

wynford
Grasshopper

I will once I find out more info

0 Kudos

Shaw phoned me the other day, offered to reduce my bill i...

rickatk
Master

Shaw phoned me the other day, offered to reduce my bill in exchange for a new two year contract. I of course took the deal. Rogers called me the other day with a special phone deal, including way more data for Shaw customers. I called Telus they couldn’t match so I took the Rogers deal. This despite my phone ringing off the hook, Telus calling to renew my cel phone etc.

I am completely ported over to Rogers with new accounts and considerable savings. All pretty seamless. Guess the sky isn’t falling.

wrote:  I still have 16 months on my current contract so...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford wrote:  I still have 16 months on my current contract so I probably wouldn't qualify.

You'll never know until you try. That poster did say "existing" customers, like you.

I doubt that Rogers/Shaw will "penalize" you for adding 8 months (24 minus your 16) of monthly payments into your Shaw contract.

Please tell us (not "telus") the outcome of your meeting with Shaw.

0 Kudos