Shaw sent my account to collections with no notice

bryannel
Grasshopper

Cancelled my shaw account because we were offered a much better deal by a competitor. After calling me 8+ times trying to get me to stay with them I said no. My account has always had automatic billing enabled. I sent the modem back via CanadaPost and received confirmations both from CanadaPost and Shaw saying the equipment had been returned on October 6th 2021. No contact from Shaw, up until I receive a letter in the mail from a COLLECTIONS AGENCY saying I have an owing balance as of October 27th 2021 where it mentions unreturned equipment and unpaid bills which is complete BS as I have returned the equipment AND my bills were automatically withdrawn. 

Does anyone know how to resolve this as I am concerned and upset about the prospect of my credit being affected because Shaw is offended that I switched carriers?!

2 Replies

if your bills are paid and equiment are returned , contac...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

@bryannel if your bills are paid and equiment are returned , contact bbb and credit agency and tell them that you want his account off your report.  hope tt goes well and hope you never go back to them even f they are cheaper fo new account.  

0 Kudos

-- Does anyone know how to resolve this ? Because this is...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bryannel -- Does anyone know how to resolve this ?

Because this is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a path to Shaw's "billing" department, I recommend that you contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) and get them to straighten things out, and, as @cpmrich36 recommended, get Shaw to "repair" your credit-rating.

0 Kudos