Subscription renewal

Chaplain01
Grasshopper

I have received a renewal emai. However, I am confronted by some problems in responding to this email. First of all, it redirects me to the Shaw website and suggests I renew through it. As I have questions about my renewal, I tried to access the chat function. That link is not active. My basic question is this: I currently pay $78.75 for my subscription. The new rate is over 20% higher at $99.00. I can recognize that a minimal increase may be in order but certainly not 20%. I have been a Shaw customer for quite a few years. New customers are being offered a plan that is even lower cost than my present plan. That does not indicate to me a recognition of customer loyalty. I will not be renewing if I am forced to pay 20% more for the same service I am getting now. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Call or chat in to Shaw and see if someone can help.

rstra
Grand Master

@Chaplain01  Call or chat in to Shaw and see if someone can help. 

0 Kudos

I can't sit on wait on a call and the chat link does not...

Chaplain01
Grasshopper

I can't sit on wait on a call and the chat link does not activate when clicked.

0 Kudos

We can’t help you here. Click the chat link on this page,...

rstra
Grand Master

@Chaplain01  We can’t help you here. Click the chat link on this page, look down and to the right, works for me. 

0 Kudos

-- a few thoughts: telephone Shaw (1-888-472-2222).  For...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Chaplain01 -- a few thoughts:

1. telephone Shaw (1-888-472-2222).  For "new" or "renewing" customers, there should not be a long wait -- they want your money, every month;
  2. depending on what current operating system (MacOS, IOS, Windows, Linux) and which current web-browser that you use, the link:  www.shaw.ca/chat should work;
  3. since your contract is about to expire, consider switching to Telus, to get "new customer" rates;
  4. talk to Shaw, and threaten to switch at the end of your contract, to see what "promotions" Shaw will offer to you to keep you as a customer;
  5. is that $78.75 before taxes, and are you getting any "promotional" discounts from Shaw? Without seeing a copy of your most-recent Shaw invoice, it's difficult to give good advice.

Note that, in the past, Telus has offered me a "buy-out", namely $20/month in Telus credit, multiplied by the remaining months in my Shaw contract, if I were to switch.  When you accept the offer from Telus, and after Telus Internet is installed/working, cancel your Shaw contract, and pay the $20/month (times number of remaining months) Shaw cancellation fee, instead of paying $78.75 for each of your remaining months.

0 Kudos