Threating phone calls and emails

nomad
Grasshopper

So I have autopayments on my account and for some reason the autobilling was rejected by my bank. So i got a automated call from Shaw saying my account is overdue. Ok I went and paid my account in full. All would be good I thought...…

But then I got an email saying my account is overdue and of I don't pay immediately my service would be cut off. I checked my account balance and it shows the following:

Outstanding Balance $0.00 Due Now
Current Charges $315.00 Due January 1, 2021  

The $315 is for my service as due on Jan 1 with a $100 for a modem that I have returned. Noting currently due.

I contacted Shaw support yesterday and i was told nothing is due until Jan 01 and the modem charge would be removed when it is received (why it appears i do not know) . I was told that the message was in error and may account is fine. (as per my bill).

Today I got another automated phone call and email, but stating that unless i pay my service will be suspended. This is really annoying, unfair  and in fact threatening.....who do I complain to and report this? I need my service for my job search and this only adds to my frustrations. 

Thank you

2 Replies

-- for some reason the autobilling was rejected by my ban...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@nomad -- for some reason the autobilling was rejected by my bank. 

Just once, my auto-billing was rejected by my bank, because the "auto-billing" is not as automatic as you think it might be. I was told that some Shaw employee mistyped my credit-card number in submitting the transaction to my bank.

Could your credit-card have expired?

> $100 for a modem that I have returned ... the modem charge would be removed when it is received (why it appears i do not know) .

It appears because you switched modems, and you are required to return the "rented" modem to Shaw, or pay $100 to purchase it.

Have you looked at your My Shaw portal to access the "Transactions" section under "My Bills"? It should show every charge, and every "credit" (including your payment), for the entire year (if you want to go "back" that far).

Finally, while reading this message, scroll-down to see:

Capture-Shaw-Your-Voice.JPG

and click "Your Voice" to make direct contact with Shaw.

0 Kudos

They got all account information. After she got they told...

tataehako
Grasshopper

They got all account information. After she got they told me call the primary owner. I sed to her I already authorized they fixed the problem long time ago. After she got my information they are looking for primary holder. 

This is not good,  I hang up the phone. I got mad. Almost a month complaining this problem forgot the password of email account.. I will file the case against the shaw. CA service. Theft of  Identifty information from costomer. 

0 Kudos