TV set box increase charges, over and above agreed contract.

dougbt
Grasshopper

Why negotiate a 2 year contract when pricing changes mid stream? My equipment is over 6 years old, not changing. My internet service is inconsistent, mostly slow, which has included many calls and Tech visits to address with no change. (keep photos of Shaw Speed test results when slow, which is often). Have come to accept lack in internet performance but additional unjustified billing increases, mid stream, on a 2 year  contract is appalling. After over 4 decades with Shaw, IPTV is certainly looking more appealing. Shaw/Rogers already collecting a substantial amount for services provided, and now greed will result in severing relationship and $0.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

-- I just signed a new two-year Value Plan, with 2 months...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dougbt -- I just signed a new two-year Value Plan, with 2 months left on the current contract -- not quite "mid-stream".

Rogers is "retiring" my current ARRIS HDPVR throughout my city, forcing me to switch to the XiOne wireless TV box.

I am paying only $5/month more on the new contract, as compared to the previous contract.  I get a few more channels, and lose two channels (STARZ and OWN).

I received compensation for the final 2 months -- I pay at the "old" rate, not at the "new" rate.

My internet service is inconsistent, mostly slow, which has included many calls and Tech visits

Sigh. Those technicians should have received this issue.

Run the Shaw Speed Test on a different, and faster, Ethernet-connected computer, to see if the speed of your computer is the bottle-neck. Change the Ethernet cable to a "CAT-5e" or a "CAT-6" cable.

EDIT: Remove/bypass any customer-provided cable-splitter devices. Disconnect any customer-provided routers.

How many coaxial-cables come "out" from the Shaw "Demarcation Box" on the outside of your home?  How many of those cables connect to "active" devices (Home Phone, TV set-top box, and cable-modem), and how many of those cables are connected, but are unused within your home? The technician should disconnect them, inside their box. 

Temporarily, move your cable-modem (and Ethernet-connected computer) to a different coaxial-output socket in your home, remove the electrical power from your TV box, and rerun the Speed Test. Better?

0 Kudos