Unexplained double billing

bevjane2
Grasshopper

Without explanation I received notice that my monthly bill was twice what I expected. I check my account and found I had paid the previous month's bill. So, today I paid what I expected my monthly bill should be and am unable to contact Shaw to ascertain why I owe double the usual amount.

5 Replies

Does this month’s bill show last month’s payment? My.Shaw...

rstra
Grand Master

Does this month’s bill show last month’s payment? My.Shaw.ca will show records of your bills. You will likely need to call or chat in to Shaw to get **bleep** cleared up. 

0 Kudos

Lol, don’t know what I typed to get bleeped 🤪

rstra
Grand Master

Lol, don’t know what I typed to get bleeped 🤪

0 Kudos

Is it possible you were transitioned from postpaid to pre...

Spatch
Grasshopper

@bevjane2 

Is it possible you were transitioned from postpaid to prepaid service?  When I renewed my value plan a couple years back they did that to me and my next bill was both payment for the prior month PLUS the charges for the upcoming month, and I’ve been on prepay ever since.  Still a bit annoyed by that.  Did you recently make any changes to your Shaw services that might have prompted a change in billing format?  Not sure what else it might be.  

I have been doubled billed.  I paid last months bill so m...

JudithBecker
Grasshopper

I have been doubled billed.  I paid last months bill so my payment is not overdue.

0 Kudos

-- did you make a payment directly through Shaw's web-sit...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bevjane2 -/ @JudithBecker -- did you make a payment directly through Shaw's web-site, or through your bank/credit-union?  It usually takes 2 "business days" for your payment at the bank to reach Shaw's computers.  

It's also possible that your payment was not received by Shaw's computers until the day after your invoice was generated.  So, that invoice will not show the payment, while the next month's invoice will show your payment.

As others have said, logon to the My Shaw Portal, and review your "transactions" for your payments, and the dates on which charges were added to your account.

0 Kudos