--  it says I cannot block What is the number? Toll-free...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Roaringwillie --  it says I cannot block

What is the number? Toll-free area-codes (800, 888, 877, 866, 855, 844, and 833) cannot be blocked.

Some handsets let you set a "ring-tone" for a specific number. Can you select a "silent" ring-tone, so that there is no sound when the call is received?

0 Kudos

My call block fewture did just that this morning. I had i...

MG12
Grasshopper

My call block fewture did just that this morning. I had it all set up to block. Rude awakening this morning amd two spam calls. When I did the #60, the voice recording told me my call block feature is off. Why? I certainly didn’t turn it off. It still accepted the two new numbers. So, here we go, wasting our precious time on tech that does it own thing. Should not have to do all this upkeep for a product we already pay too much for. Aggravating!

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MG12 -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help. This forum is not a direct path to Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ).

That "star-sixty" call-blocking feature is off, until you enable it. Yes, one can add numbers to the blocked-list while the feature is off

One can also use the My Shaw Portal to enable/disable the feature.

0 Kudos

wrote: Didn’t read the post did you? Obviously, I did, be...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Bluecurvebites wrote: Didn’t read the post did you?

Obviously, I did, before I chose to respond.

If you don't like my response, just "move on", rather than hiding behind a "handle" and trying to preserve your anonymity while "flaming" me.

Or, post your own "on-topic" response, so that you can feel superior.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help