Schedule "Do Not Disturb"

allanpen
Grasshopper

Spam calls are many and very annoying; especially getting an 0600 wake up call. So every night I go into Myshaw and select phone service and then click on the "Do Not Disturb" switch. It would be a nice feature to be able to automate this feature. Any chance that could be available and I'm missing it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

-- low-tech options: on the telephone base-unit, set the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@allanpen -- low-tech options: on the telephone base-unit, set the "ringer-volume" to zero, so that you don't hear the ringer. Just remember to reset the volume, every morning. This is a little tedious, if you have to pick up the base-unit, to adjust the ringer-volume.

Or, position a coupler:

• telephone cord into the wall socket
  • this cord into the coupler
  • another telephone cord from the coupler to the telephone base-unit

Position the coupler where it is easily accessible.  At bed-time, gently unplug one of the cords from the coupler. In the morning, reconnect that cord.  The base-unit's ringer can stay at full volume, but without "connectivity", any caller will either give up, after 4 rings, or leave a voice-mail, if you use Shaw's "voice-mail" electronic service, rather than any built-in voice-mail capability of your telephone's base-unit.

0 Kudos

Thanks mdk for the suggestions, but it isn't any more of...

allanpen
Grasshopper

Thanks mdk for the suggestions, but it isn't any more of a bother to log into Shaw and opt for "Do Not Disturb". I'm fairly tech savvy, but never got into programming, but for a Shaw programmer I wouldn't think it all that difficult to put a scheduler in place.

I don't use Shaw voice mail; my phone having an answering machine.

Anyways thanks again; I do appreciate the suggestions.

0 Kudos