hmm, did they just show activity but they weren't able to...

shaw-tony

@Funkytown256 hmm, did they just show activity but they weren't able to access the Internet? Are you able to test this on your device to see if you can access the web while pause mode is on?

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. It seems like the pause feature is...

Funkytown256
Grasshopper

Thanks for the reply. It seems like the pause feature is simply not working within the 'active time limits'.  It continues to log the hours without pausing the devices.  So for my kids when I set a 3 hr time limit it will display 6:00 hrs / 3:00 hrs, and say Limit Met, but it won't pause the devices.  I do have that setting selected.  If I pause the device myself, it works.  It just doesn't initiate it itself when the limit is met.

that is certainly odd. I gave my BlueCurve Gateway a test...

shaw-tony

@Funkytown256 that is certainly odd. I gave my BlueCurve Gateway a test and the pause feature works normally. Can you power reset your modem to see if that gets it working again? Test a 30 min online time to see if it pauses your device.

0 Kudos

Same here. We have tried full power down reset. Restartin...

Wheezbag
Grasshopper

Same here. We have tried full power down reset. Restarting gateway. Deleting profiles. Works some times. Other times it does strange things like blocking some websites like youtube but not disney plus. And the same device will flip those and not block youtube but block disney plus.  

Very flaky.

I think it may have something to do with making a change to a profile like unpausing a device. When it goes back to normal schedule, maybe it stays unblocked? Just trying to come up with a reason.  Or changing a bed time. Seems to work for a while, then stops.

0 Kudos

Any update on this? Same as mine. The router is not pausi...

JC24
Grasshopper

Any update on this? Same as mine. The router is not pausing anything.

0 Kudos

the feature still works as expected when I try it to acce...

shaw-tony

@Wheezbag @JC24 the feature still works as expected when I try it to access apps and websites on the mobile browser. It is possible that changing the profile can affect the schedule. Can you try a pinhole factory reset to see if it will bring the feature back to normal?

0 Kudos

Hello... I have the same problem too..  Bedtime mode is s...

abarr
Grasshopper

Hello... I have the same problem too..  Bedtime mode is set to come on at 11PM, but they are still able to access the internet.  From what I hear is if they put the device in airplane mode it works 24/7 on the home network somehow...  I don't need the kids up all night surfing the internet when I am trusting Shaw that their services work properly.

thanks for the feedback regarding airplane mode, I'll cer...

shaw-tony

@abarr thanks for the feedback regarding airplane mode, I'll certainly pass that along. Do they get blocked out if they don't put the device in airplane mode?

0 Kudos

Thanks again, but I tried a reset and it worked as expect...

Funkytown256
Grasshopper

Thanks again, but I tried a reset and it worked as expected when I put a 30 mins time limit on my own profile and seemed to work normally on those of my kids, as I spot checked it later that night. However, tonight my daughter's profile says she has used 4:35 out of her 3:00 that was allowable and she is still accessing Instagram chat, so it's still not paused.  So the function is being very flakey as someone below says, maybe it is due to changing something on a profile like pausing or unpausing as we do do that probably once a week or so.  Unfortunately, as parents, we don't know when it is flakey until after the fact and I don't want to have to proactively reset the modem every couple of days...  I had high hopes for this feature but it is seeming like it is way oversold.   very frustrating.

Exact same problem In our house. Airplane mode with wifi...

KF2
Grasshopper

Exact same problem In our house. Airplane mode with wifi on allows bypass of pause. Please let us know when you have a fix.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help