Same issue. Mine was working. Once covid came I adjusted...

ShaunS
Grasshopper

Same issue. Mine was working. Once covid came I adjusted to give them more screen time. Now they have unlimited screen time because blue curve is not kicking them off at night. 

We have been having a similar problem for months. The tim...

missk
Grasshopper

We have been having a similar problem for months. The time limit and downtime simply do not work on my son's cell phone, and he is able to access WiFi at all times, regardless of BlueCurve settings. BlueCurve will say, for example "Limit met and paused" but he continues to access the internet as long as the router is on. The timer will say, for example, 4hrs/1hrs. Apparently, he just has to re-set the WiFi connection on the phone (or maybe it's airplane mode like some others have mentioned). I logged in to the router directly to try to block the phone that way, but it only referred me back to the BlueCurve app (which doesn't work). I assigned a specific IP address to the phone via the router but that had no effect. I deleted all profiles and re-added multiple times, but this had no effect. Pausing the phone manually (i.e. not via time limits or downtime) also had no effect, whether the device was connected to a profile or not. I unplug the router overnight, so it reboots every morning. I phoned Shaw a few weeks ago since the comments here did not seem to result in a resolution. The customer service person checked with his supervisor twice, & the final outcome was something along the lines of: "BlueCurve parental controls has various loopholes and is only meant for very young children who will not make any attempt to bypass the system." There was no attempt to investigate the issue further or work towards a resolution. I find it very disconcerting that I am unable to block a device from accessing my WiFi. This issue is very problematic for families & Shaw needs to prioritize finding a solution.  

thank you for all the specific feedback on parental contr...

shaw-tony

@Funkytown256 @KF2 @ShaunS @missk thank you for all the specific feedback on parental controls, I have forwarded these off to our apps team to investigate on a resolution. Your patience is greatly appreciated while we get on this.

0 Kudos

I'm having the same specific issue as well. If I hit the...

sandman8888
Grasshopper

I'm having the same specific issue as well.

If I hit the pause button, then it would work... it's the scheduled downtime that doesn't work as it should... it would say paused on my kid's profile but he would still be able to access the internet... I put a device on his profile to test and indeed it was able to access without any problem... when I woke it up and then hit pause on his profile, then that would work... but schedules and active time limits do not. 

0 Kudos

Shaw told me that there is a glitch where the kids can ju...

chelseanicole21
Grasshopper

Shaw told me that there is a glitch where the kids can just reset the modem with the reset button and it will bypass these parental controls. 

We just moved the modem into our bedroom and hopefully this will solve the problem. Will update tonight if it does 

One more parent having the same problem... getting frustr...

john50
Grasshopper

One more parent having the same problem... getting frustrated

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for looking in to this issue. I wante...

missk
Grasshopper

Thank you very much for looking in to this issue. I wanted to let you know that within a day or two after you posted this, the time limits/downtime/pausing did seem to start working for an afternoon. My son said that he was unable to access anything except Instagram. It might have been Thursday, May 28th. But this improved/corrected functionality was unfortunately short lived & stopped working again at some point the following day. We are back to BlueCurve time limits/downtime/pausing/parental controls having (almost) no effect on the iPhone's ability to access to our WiFi. Could you please provide a status update?

0 Kudos

Solution! I have had this problem for one of my kids beca...

sandman8888
Grasshopper

Solution!

I have had this problem for one of my kids because I just recently added some limits when the pandemic started. However, it failed several times - I removed the limit and put it back and restarted the gateway to no avail. What finally did work is to delete the profile and then create it again and then before assigning back the devices, create the limits/parental control/etc. then assign all the devices back to the profile. It should start working again.... for the time being at least.

[UPDATE] It worked for a short time until my son just bom...

sandman8888
Grasshopper

[UPDATE] It worked for a short time until my son just bombed it by just hitting refresh on the browser a couple of times until it caved in and allowed access... the only thing that really works is to manually pause it. Schedules, I repeat, DO NOT WORK.. this is crap! Am getting a Disney Circle.

Having the exact same issues; and we just switched to sha...

SmittyBomb
Grasshopper

Having the exact same issues; and we just switched to shaw, from Telus, about a week ago. I was excited about these features, as they worked the first couple of days, but then I noticed my son had spent 7hrs and 45 minutes online out of the preset 3 hour limit. I did overhear a neighbor's  kid, telling my children, that if you "forget the network" and rejoin it, that it bypasses the restriction. Not sure if that's the issue or not but I'd like to see it work as advertised for sure.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help