I have the exact same problem (same timing also), along w...

jamo14
Grasshopper

I have the exact same problem (same timing also), along with the other people with Shaw email addresses on our Teamsnap.  Very frustrating!  

0 Kudos

-- did you get any assistance from TeamSnap support, when...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jamo14 -- did you get any assistance from TeamSnap support, when you contacted them?

0 Kudos

Hello, I used to work in support for Email filtering, spa...

jharwood
Grasshopper

Hello,

I used to work in support for Email filtering, spam, etc. ISP Back ends and exchange hosted services. I have setup many exchange servers for organizations when I specifically handled these types of complaints and currently work in tech but from a different line of business. 

I spent hours just now with a level 1 tech who was very nice and pointed him in the correct direction. Unfortunately, the level 2 technician they escalated to's response was "It is TeamSnapps issue" when, I know it is not. 

When you run an email service, you also subscribe to spam providers. Typically you let them steer the ship and they will handle your external filtering for you. Which would allow you to be hands free on the problems. The issue is, even when I pointed them in the correct direction to do a test to prove this, the level 2 is clearly not a level 2 tech or at least in the position to do the proper investigation and problem resolution of this. The who we need to talk to at shaw is likely not being engaged or is not taking this seriously and is sticking to their guns of "Not our problem".

My major issue is the same as everyone else's, I am missing communication for my kids which is crucial for me. Right now I am waiting to see if my daughter is registered for her hockey. The org uses team snap and send the billing/setups to register through there. Since I am NOT currently registered with them I am stuck.

If I miss the boat on her first year of hockey because of a missed email because someone somewhere cant spend 5 minutes investigating a trivial issue, I don't know how I would ever want to stay with this company. 

SHAW, listen, call me, ill help you if you have no clue what to do. I wont even charge you because my kids are worth more to me than money. The fact that customers have been raising this concern and not getting any problem resolution is embarrassing. Telus is in my neighborhood offering Pure FIbre to my door for less price. I have stayed with shaw for the literal reason that I have had my email address for SO LONG I have almost become purely dependent on it. I could migrate my email to another shaw users account to keep it, or slowly transition to another one bit by bit. I just dont want to have to do that.

If this cant get fixed fast, it is making my decision to switch providers (For less cost, faster connection) so much easier.

Get it together.

0 Kudos

-- ... the level 2 technician they escalated to's respons...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jharwood -- ... the level 2 technician they escalated to's response was "It is TeamSnap issue" when, I know it is not. 

Interesting. How can you tell that it is not a problem within TeamSnap?

I presume that the E-mail is generated on TeamSnap's servers, but is not being received by subscribers with Shaw accounts. So, somewhere between "source" and "destination", there is a problem.

It would be interesting to subscribe via some other provider -- e.g., Yahoo Mail or Hotmail or Gmail -- and then to share the E-mail headers of a received message, to see what IP-addresses are being used by TeamSnap, and then to check various "black-lists" to see if those IP-addresses are flagged.

Maybe, the E-mail headers might show some DKIM/DMARC tags ??

0 Kudos

SHAW Can have a DMARC Policy which could block non authen...

jharwood
Grasshopper

SHAW Can have a DMARC Policy which could block non authenticated emails, as you're sending email on behalf of a user from a server/app.

This could be the case.

But, how can I test it? Easy, I admin a team on team snap, I can send an email directly from my team to my email @ shaw and another @ Gmail.

The GMAIL receives it, but shaw does not. Which means the distribution is attempted, or neither would go. If it was an authenticated send online, both would require the OK before the email would be sent, but, in this instance this is not the case as I describe below. SHAW can chose to block open relay messages as commonly lots of spam providers send un authenticated emails through open relay. 

When you send an email from a service, it is an SMTP call which does a simple generation of a message. There's no client authentication or complex conversation with these messages. There could be a bounce back to the provider (IE: Team snap email box) but even if so, the bounce back will be due to SHAWs restrictions imposed on the message/email its self. Shaw can also see these from their email gateway and investigate or chose to white list those domain emails.

It should be noted, alot of the above is based on assumption of how SHAW's email works. There are many avenues to explore. Regardless, they would see these messages they are denying and be able to provide guidance. If their guidance is, sorry, we don't care teamsnap can change its infrastructure instead of us allowing their messages. Then, we simply move off shaw onto a provider/new email.

Team snap doesnt have a contact link to address these concerns. I've been looking for an entry point to ask them if they are seeing bouncebacks, but they will likely say we just relay messages and if the providers do not accept them. Then we are not going to invest $ in a free service lol.

0 Kudos

Oh and also last night I checked all the major spam filte...

jharwood
Grasshopper

Oh and also last night I checked all the major spam filter lists and team snap was not on them. 

0 Kudos

-- GMAIL receives it, but Shaw does not ... Within GMail,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jharwood -- GMAIL receives it, but Shaw does not ...

Within GMail, open the message, and click "Show Original" to show the E-mail headers.

Look for the IP-addresses of all the mail-servers between them and Gmail's servers.

Post that information here.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help