Very similar problems.  tried using the new modem as a br...

cbrownshekou
Grasshopper

Very similar problems.  tried using the new modem as a bridge & my reliable old asus router, and had download speeds < 3mb/sec.  got rid of the router & any distance away from bluecurve modem/router would also give me very slow access.  the signal also drops out a lot.  have asked to "upgrade" to my old Hitron setup which was 100X better....very disappointed in shaw.  I think i will see how Telus high speed performs. 

0 Kudos

When you are provided the pods from Shaw because you've h...

LG6
Grasshopper

When you are provided the pods from Shaw because you've had to now replace the coaxial boxes that used to run the TV's as the BlueCurve pushes them all now to wifi and the TV is too far away from the Router; you no longer have the ability to split your network between 2.4 and 5G. The Bluecurve has to do that dynamically when you add the pods. So now I'm left with either a master bedroom TV that keeps dropping signal but a split network with better speeds (were never near 300 but hit 135 pretty stable).  Or crappy speeds on the entire network (30average) but a TV that now works again.  **bleep**ty choices. I don't understand why the pod can't be configured to work with either the 2.4 or 5G networks.  Every IoT device I have I configure to work with the specific network I want them on.   All of this was forced on me just because I needed to renew my TV package and was offered to updated equipment for free.  So ironic that Shaw support reps here are telling us to split networks to solve speed when their own solutions to improve coverage won't work on that platform.  Can you please get your act together... you are shaw.... this is your equipment.... get it working. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help