I get where it directs you to a login page so there’s som...

Tearbear
Grasshopper

I get where it directs you to a login page so there’s some security in that,  but are you ever planning on making the guest wifi a secure network?

0 Kudos

Your feedback is appreciated. I haven't heard of any upda...

shaw-tony

@Tearbear Your feedback is appreciated. I haven't heard of any updates on that. The guest network is separate from your home network so there shouldn't be any security issues with someone gaining access to your personal network. 

0 Kudos

Isn't there a fix for this yet. You enter a password in t...

MeGigabyte
Grasshopper

Isn't there a fix for this yet. You enter a password in the Guest config screen, but it shows up as unsecured in a network scan. 

0 Kudos

I haven't received any updates on this. The network requi...

shaw-tony

@MeGigabyte I haven't received any updates on this. The network requires the guest to enter a password through the secured login page. 

0 Kudos

> The network requires the guest to enter a password thro...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> The network requires the guest to enter a password through the secured login page. 

Any hacker who is "sniffing" your non-encrypted WiFi traffic must be in physical proximity to your cable-modem, e.g., in a nearby residential house, or inside an automobile parked on the street, or a pedestrian on public property adjoining your home. How likely is that to happen?

Once your device has securely connected to the secure-HTTP page, where you enter a password, the password that you send is encrypted by your computer, and decrypted by the cable-modem.

Check all those "action-movies", where a president walks, insecurely, to the bullet-proof limousine, and then is secure when inside of it. There's only a small window-of-time where somebody can approach the president.

Similarly, the non-encrypted network traffic contains no confidential information, such as a password. The password is sent over a secure connection.

These are not the droids that you seek -- there's nothing to see; move along.

0 Kudos

You do not understand. I am trying to connect a device th...

MeGigabyte
Grasshopper

You do not understand. I am trying to connect a device that prompts for a password during its configuration. The Guest network does not allow a password to be entered. As a result, the devices fails to connect. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help