This problem has been happening for me too for for the la...

Incisiondcision
Grasshopper

This problem has been happening for me too for for the last 2 weeks. Very hard to do anything with the internet and its running up my data bill on my phone due to it. I think the ppl that are effected should be reimbursed or something and this needs to be fixed. I have a new modem I just need to pick up tomorrow... will see how that goes

0 Kudos

Yeah my issues are constant, too much signal, now sometim...

jessee
Grasshopper

Yeah my issues are constant, too much signal, now sometimes not enough. Constant wifi issues. Too bad i'm locked on a contract. Might see if sasktel will consider buying it out and i'll sign one with them.

0 Kudos

that is certainly odd. The signal to your modem looks sol...

shaw-tony

@jessee that is certainly odd. The signal to your modem looks solid with no errors showing up. Are the issues only over WiFi or are direct ethernet connections dropping as well?

0 Kudos

-- I have a new modem I just need to pick up tomorrow......

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Incisiondcision -- I have a new modem I just need to pick up tomorrow... will see how that goes

It's now 4 days later. Any improvement?

If not, then the problem could be:

1. the coaxial-cable between the modem and the wall-port. Try a different cable. Try moving the modem to a different wall-port inside your residence, e.g., disconnect your PVR, and connect the cable-modem.
  2. a coaxial-splitter that might exist between your wall-port and your 2 devices: PVR & cable-modem. Temporarily bypass that splitter, or replace it.
  3. the coaxial-cables inside your home's walls.
  4. the coaxial-splitter inside Shaw's "demarcation box" on the outside of your home. Only Shaw can unlock the box, and replace the splitter. Maybe, they can snip off the current terminators, and put new terminators on your coaxial-cables, and tighten them. The technician can test the signal-strength from that box to each of your devices.
  5. the coaxial-cable from that "demarc" box going to the nearest telephone-pole. A Shaw technician can test this. People on this forum have reported frayed cables that swing in the wind, causing intermittent problems.
  6. Shaw's infrastructure up-and-down your street.

Contact Shaw support.

0 Kudos

I am only noticing on my computer, I am able to get the s...

csteffentoma
Grasshopper

I am only noticing on my computer, I am able to get the shaw web mail on phone again. However on the computer my accounts have been deleted and there is no mail old or new now. I am not sure how to get that email site back and I am not sure how to get those emails as I need them I have some very important financial contacts and emails I lost. 

0 Kudos

-- on the computer my accounts have been deleted and ther...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@csteffentoma -- on the computer my accounts have been deleted and there is no mail old or new now. I am not sure how to get that email site back and I am not sure how to get those emails as I need them I have some very important financial contacts and emails I lost. 

Since you can see the messages on your phone, nothing is "lost".

You just need to configure your computer to access your messages.

Or, use Shaw WebMail on your computer, to view the messages, to prove that the messages still exist (on Shaw's mail-server).

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help