Not to bad at all  .  I've been with Shaw for almost 20 y...

g-idk
Master

Not to bad at all @rickatk .  I've been with Shaw for almost 20 years and have had really good dealings with them in general, but I have had to change t.v. internet plans many times over those years due to being on a disability pension income  and some part time work.  Guess the old saying goes "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

0 Kudos

Indeed. I have looked a less expensive options but featur...

rickatk
Master

@g-idk wrote:

Not to bad at all @rickatk .  I've been with Shaw for almost 20 years and have had really good dealings with them in general, but I have had to change t.v. internet plans many times over those years due to being on a disability pension income  and some part time work.  Guess the old saying goes "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

Indeed. I have looked a less expensive options but feature for feature Shaw does it. I looked at other streaming options and to have all the same content options in addition to Netflix, Prime and Apple TV the subscriptions add up. In fact some are not available outside the Shaw packages and there is no cloud  PVR, I am aware of. I don't pirate!

Unless something has changed, I suggest you ask to re-sign on your existing package just as your old one is expiring. Be aware, if you do anything new or upgrade to a faster internet or Fibre + Gig that could cause a total revamp of your plan. Do nothing and you will be paying market prices. Be sure to do your renewal with a Shaw agent. They are very helpful.

Please keep my Shaw contract exactly as it is. Thank you....

barbarann64
Grasshopper

Please keep my Shaw contract exactly as it is.

Thank you.

Barbara Bottomley

0 Kudos

Please reply that you have received this email. B. Bottomley

barbarann64
Grasshopper

Please reply that you have received this email.

B. Bottomley

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is n...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@barbarann64 -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is not a path to Shaw Support. So, your request has not reached Shaw.

How many months are left on your current Two Year Value Plan?

You must contact Shaw -- 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat  about signing-up for a new two-year plan.

Actually, Shaw called me, in February, even though my Two Year Value Plan was going to expire in early June, to ask me to signup to a new plan (Internet, TV, phone). I did, and my monthly charge is only $8 higher than it was when I started the previous plan. Given how much that everything else (home insurance, gasoline, heating oil, etc.) has gone up in the last 2 years, an $8 increase is OK with me.

While communicating with Shaw, mention that you are considering to move to TELUS, to see if that triggers Shaw to sweeten the deal to retain you as a customer.

0 Kudos

I tried everything to get a better price when my 2 year c...

canswiss
Grasshopper

I tried everything to get a better price when my 2 year contract is about to expire, and they just tried to give me more this and more that and wouldn't change the price. My experience with Shaw was good for 11 years, but now they try to sell you all kinds which i don't need. I switched to Telus and can save28 $ a month.... yuhuu

0 Kudos

Did you try Telus ?? they would have matched it or even g...

canswiss
Grasshopper

Did you try Telus ?? they would have matched it or even give you a better price......

0 Kudos

His $55 plan is probably an $80 or $90 plan with a $25 or...

visiter555
Grasshopper

His $55 plan is probably an $80 or $90 plan with a $25 or $35 per month for two years discount.  Once the promo discount term is over it reverts to the non discount price.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help