-- You can do better Speaking of "better", be sure that y...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@julesdeb -- You can do better

Speaking of "better", be sure that your Ethernet cable is "CAT 5e" or "CAT 6". Using a "CAT 5" cable will limit your connection to 90 to 100 Mbps. Read the fine-print along the length of the cable.

0 Kudos

Internet speed is not measured in Mbps...its measured in...

kc57
Grasshopper

Internet speed is not measured in Mbps...its measured in MB per second...you should check again if you are getting 90 maybe its actually MB which would be 720 Mb per sec

0 Kudos

I should clarify that...internet speeds are measured in M...

kc57
Grasshopper

I should clarify that...internet speeds are measured in Mbps but when you download a file...game etc. it is usually downloaded in MBps

0 Kudos

I had Telus for many years and had been ok till they star...

Mathew888
Grasshopper

I had Telus for many years and had been ok till they started digging the ground in front of my house to install fiber into the house. Then my speed of signal coming in started to slow down to minimum as a few kbps interrupting the streaming on my phones and iPads. So far as of today, the fiber optic line is still not activated though with promises of soon.  I am not switching over to Shaw and fee speed is satisfactory up to 700-800 mbps wirelessly. 

0 Kudos

--  most of your issues should be referred to Telus, for...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mathew888 --  most of your issues should be referred to Telus, for them to trouble-shoot and fix.  This is a discussion forum for customers of Shaw/Rogers.

I am not switching over to Shaw and fee speed is satisfactory up to 700-800 mbps wirelessly. 

After April 3, 2023, Shaw stopped accepting new accounts, by referring the potential customer to Rogers.

I'm not sure what "fee speed" is.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help