How can I track that #?

MegS
Grasshopper

How can I track that #?

0 Kudos

Very important to note here. This problem is not isolated...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

Very important to note here. This problem is not isolated to any particular networking issues either in the home or out on the street or in coffee shops. It happens over the Rogers cellular network, too. This confirms that the problem is on Shaw's end. Also, the problem has worsened in the past 72 hours. I have a (newer) 2017 iMac running macOS 10.14.6 and checking my Shaw e-mail works about once out of every 5 or 6 tries now. "Multiple account errors". "Cannot connect to the server imap.shaw.ca". OMG, is this ever, ever frustrating. My wife and I have spoken to Telus so many times over the past year contemplating switching, I've had it with Shaw and their continual rate increases promising "to serve us better". Serve us better? Since Dec. 20th, 2019, my Shaw e-mail has not worked properly on any of my Apple computer equipment. Just out of the blue. It worked perfectly up until that day.

0 Kudos

Let me tell you what happened today. If you go back to my...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

Let me tell you what happened today. If you go back to my original post, you'll see that we got a new modem last week to try to narrow down the problem (which obviously didn't help because this is a SHAW problem, it is not a problem with our home network). So today, at 3 PM, our Internet completely disappeared. I called Shaw tech support and said the usual "we have no Internet". The tech support rep says to me "you don't HAVE internet with Shaw what do you mean you have no Internet?". To make a long story short, when the idiot Shaw rep who took our old modem back scanned the modem, he inadvertently marked our account as a "closed account". So at 3 PM today, we had no Internet account after having one for over 15 years. It took us 3-1/2 freaking hours to get our internet back. OMG, what has happened to this organization? We were on hold for 2 hours before finally getting through to Customer Accounts. So after all the hassle this has caused us to date, once again, how are you making out with ENOP0007174?

0 Kudos

No problems here. Sure this isn’t an Apple problem, all t...

rstra
Grand Master

No problems here. Sure this isn’t an Apple problem, all the comments here mention it? Don’t see any Windows or Android users having the same problem. 

0 Kudos

I would suspect it was an Apple problem, however, technic...

MegS
Grasshopper

I would suspect it was an Apple problem, however, technical support admitted that Apple and Microsoft are not supporting shaw email; that Shaw is having a problem with Apple, and I should use Shaw Webmail indefinitely. I'm not skilled technically, but I'm migrating to gmail.

I will provide updates as they come and appreciate your p...

shaw-tony

@MegS I will provide updates as they come and appreciate your patience.

0 Kudos

Same problem here. Both iPhones giving the can not connec...

vancouverbc
Grasshopper

Same problem here. Both iPhones giving the can not connect to server message. Works for a bit then same message.  Shaw tech said if web mail works it’s not their problem.   Just dandy. No email on phone.  

0 Kudos

oh no! I am very sorry for that experience. I'd be happy...

shaw-tony

@appleMacTech oh no! I am very sorry for that experience. I'd be happy to send your feedback to his leadership team so this never happens again. 

As for ENOP0007174, our engineer is still investigating as he was not able to reproduce the issue with his Mac over the past few days. I will inquire for an update next week to see where we are at.

0 Kudos

Update: We are still unable to reproduce this issue. Has...

shaw-tony

@appleMacTech @vancouverbc @MegS @Boosh @Cholm 

Update: We are still unable to reproduce this issue. Has this been resolved for you? If not, let me know so I may reach out for more info.

0 Kudos

> we get "can't connect to imap.shaw.ca" or "multiple acc...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> we get "can't connect to imap.shaw.ca" or "multiple account errors" when checking e-mail using Apple Mail on our phones and desktop computers.

The fact that it occurs on multiple Service Providers' networks, and on multiple devices, means that changing your Shaw router is NOT the solution to the problem, because you are not using that router while connected to Rogers network or to the coffee-shop's router.

Open a command-line window on your computer, and try:

1. If using Windows, enter: tracert imap.shaw.ca to see if the Internet "path" from your computer (at coffee-shop, on Shaw Go WiFi, or on Rogers, or at your home/office) shows a complete path.  If using MacOS, use a similar command -- try "traceroute" or "tracerte" -- I am not that familiar with command-line utilities on MacOS.

2. Try: telnet imap.shaw.ca imap to see if you can open a session to Shaw's IMAP service. If you get a message on Windows that "telnet" is an unknown command, you have to tell Windows to install this utility -- it only takes 2 minutes to do so.

Results?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help