Jump to solution

us.truewinde.info was the site I got lookout for it every...

aarondorris20
Grasshopper

us.truewinde.info was the site I got lookout for it everyone 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

--  hopefully I only lose the $1   How did you pay that a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@aarondorris20 --  hopefully I only lose the $1  

How did you pay that amount? Did you give them your credit-card information? If so, logon to your E-banking account, and check for additional charges. Some credit-card companies allow you to "suspend" your credit-card, via an app on your smart-phone. Do it, if you can. Also, contact the toll-free number on the back of your credit-card, to report that you have been scammed, and follow their advice.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- us.truewinde.info was the site That domain-name was fi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@aarondorris20 -- us.truewinde.info was the site

That domain-name was first registered in December 2020, via www.tucows.com -- if you want to report the web-site, contact them.

I see that www.truewinde.info and truewinde.info do not resolve to an IP-address.  This is an unusual configuration.

The web-site is hosted by www.CloudFlare.com -- if you want to report the web-site, contact them.

If you are using Microsoft Edge, access the web-site, click the "dot-dot-dot" at the top-right corner of the window, click "help and feedback", and click to "report" this phishing site. If enough people do this, then Microsoft Edge will "block" this unsafe site, for all users of Microsoft Edge.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- I was just told, via online chat, that internet.abuse@...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@shaw-tony -- I was just told, via online chat, that internet.abuse@sjrb.ca is "only for internal use", and that I must use "reportspam@shaw.ca".

About 3 days after trying to send to the former ID, I get a "connection refused" and "message too old" response.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- there is something special about the "internet.abuse@s...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- there is something special about the "internet.abuse@sjrb.ca" ID, namely that if you try to send to that ID, and add another E-mail ID (in the TO or CC or BCC field), you will get a "message not delivered" response when you try to send. So, that ID is treated as special.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Ok, but why I am being mentioned in a thread that I have...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk Ok, but why I am being mentioned in a thread that I have commented on?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- why I am being mentioned in a thread that I have comme...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- why I am being mentioned in a thread that I have commented on

Oh, I did not realize that it was illegal to reference your ID, because you expressed an interest in that ID, namely that you were going to experiment to see if your E-mail to that ID would be flagged as "undeliverable for 3 days".

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not illegal, just weird. Anyway, here is a link to the co...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk Not illegal, just weird.

Anyway, here is a link to the conversation, where I was actually involved.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-discussions/fake-survey-poor-customer-service/m-p/35594#M12480

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Onlinecomps.com popped up with a shaw survey said I won an iphone13 and just had to pay a dollar

Sunnyday63
Grasshopper

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

@Sunnyday63 Be mindful that we won't request our customer...

shaw-daniel

@Sunnyday63 Be mindful that we won't request our customers to conduct surveys for winning a prize. You can forward the fraudulent website and/or screenshot to internet.abuse@sjrb.ca for our investigation.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help