Hi  , have you contacted Shaw directly on what may have h...

g-idk
Master

Hi @jaybex20 , have you contacted Shaw directly on what may have happened, since this is only a peer to peer user help forum and not an official channel to Shaw Support, we can not help you sort this out.  When you sent the items back did you follow up with the tracking number provided to you from Canada Post?  Where did the items end up?  Hopefully this can get straightened out when you contact them either by chat (preferred) or by phone, maybe give them the tracking number as well to prove that you sent it.  Ok that's about all I can suggest.  Good Luck and Stay Safe. 

I just recently noticed the same thing. I had moved in Ju...

ssandhu78
Grasshopper

I just recently noticed the same thing. I had moved in June and took my equipment with me to my new house. I had spoke to agent in July and was told i would have to mail it equipment in. I Had explained I would not be able to due to having a new born, and not leaving the house. In Aug I requested new mail stickers to send back the equipment and explained it may take me a week or 2 mail out. I did mail it out, and had received a call from from a collection agency few days later. I explained the equipment was sent off, and then called shaw and agent had told me not to worry the equipment and remaining charges will be taken off. A week later i was called again from the collection agency, frustrated i called once again, and was assured it will be taken care of. Now I check my credit report and the collection agency has ruined my score. This is horrible, Shaw should have taken care of this, I had spoken to them many times, and they had also said they cant scan the equipment in right away and would need to wait a week or more. In that time the agency had called me again threatening to ruin my score and that they did. Someone needs to fix this, I had a perfect score and this was a big hit on my score...

0 Kudos

Do you have the tracking number?

rstra
Grand Master

Do you have the tracking number?

0 Kudos

They have done this to me too! They are awful for this.

gdavid
Grasshopper

They have done this to me too! They are awful for this.

0 Kudos

This is an ongoing problem with me too.  I had been Shaw...

marg23
Grasshopper

This is an ongoing problem with me too.  I had been Shaw customer for 10+ years, always paid on time, but the pricing/selection was not adequate/too expensive for me so I had to look (unfortunately) elsewhere.  I moved down the block July 1st, extended service to July 7th returned equipment 2 weeks later (never received the first mailing label) -  I started getting collection calls end of July, no response when I called the number back - they want $190.00 for the equipment.  I call and let them know it is all sent back - gave the agent the tracking number everything.  - Credit report notifies me there is a derogatory charge on my rating - Shaw $190.00, then after dealing with someone at Shaw Collections Centre the charge is reduced to the $22.00 owing for the 7 day extension (I was never notified of as my account was cancelled).  Now it depends on the way the wind blows or the colour of the sky how much is on the Charge on my credit rating.  I have called Shaw collection numerous times and verified they never should have sent it to collection (less than 30 days) BUT STILL ON MY CREDIT RATING!  I have written credit companies (Transunion/Equifax) to dispute the charge (now they show the balance as 0 but charge was 190.00 originally) and they can't do anything because the great and powerful Shaw Collection people haven't contacted them to remove it....  it  is the first "derogatory" charge - does not help my rating at all and I want it removed.  This has been Since September 24th 2020.   I was hoping to be able to go back to Shaw when my other contract is up (can't wait) but if this is how they do business now..... have to think twice.  So sad, always had fantastic customer service, home support and absolutely wonderful staff.... sad victim of COVID and $$$ I guess now.    Anyone know how to fix this?

0 Kudos

--  Anyone know how to fix this? Get a TV station involve...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@marg23 --  Anyone know how to fix this?

Get a TV station involved, e.g., CBC's "Go Public" department. When they make inquiries to a company/agency, they seem to get results.

I was on the line with Customer Support, trying to get a...

Lucifette
Grasshopper

I was on the line with Customer Support, trying to get a payment out of me for $1075, when they finally fessed up that I had been sent to Collections a week ago... how do you rectify that kind of support?

0 Kudos

holy, that pretty high final bill, is that your equipment...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

holy, that pretty high final bill, is that your equipment non return, file for refund and small claims.  that's alotof money, hopre something got to be something.   hope you get recify by file a bbbb or crtc.  

0 Kudos

-- trying to get a payment out of me for $1075 Can you lo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Lucifette -- trying to get a payment out of me for $1075

Can you logon to the My Shaw Portal, and view all the "transactions" for 2021?

There must be something strange, e.g., missed payments, payments credited to the wrong Shaw account, your bank failing to make pre-authorized payments by the due date.

0 Kudos

I’ve been a loyal customer with Shaw and never missed pay...

Sd303
Grasshopper

I’ve been a loyal customer with Shaw and never missed payments. I closed my account and returned all my equipment with an account balance of zero. But you guys still have a collection agency HARASSING me for something I do not owe? I’ve called multiple times to remove me off this list as you guys confirmed I don’t owe anything but no one seems to know how to do this, yet you’re so quick to hire a collection agency for people that don’t even owe anything?!? 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help