-- several times, over the last 2 years, Telus has offere...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DreadX -- several times, over the last 2 years, Telus has offered me "buy-out" money, to switch.

The amount is $20 times the number of months remaining in my Shaw two-year Value Plan. [If I only had Shaw Internet, i.e., no Shaw TV & no Shaw Phone, the amount would be $15.]

This means that I could "cancel" with Shaw, pay Shaw's contract-cancellation-fee, namely $20/month for the remaining months, instead of continuing to pay Shaw almost $200/month for the remaining months.

So, check with Telus, to see if their "buy-out" offer still is available.

0 Kudos

If the modem drops out, it won't matter if I have a third...

GSH
Grasshopper

If the modem drops out, it won't matter if I have a third party router.  The camera is connected to a cloud service to capture recordings. In order for this to work that means my ISP actually needs to be reliable.  Which Shaw has not been.

0 Kudos

-- physically, where are you?  Check the Shaw Outages pag...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@GSH -- physically, where are you?  Check the Shaw Outages page for your region, to see if there is a scheduled outage overnight.

For me, for many years (other than when Shaw was making me one of the first Internet customers in my city) Shaw has been reliable.

Is your modem just "rebooting", causing a short outage, as it downloads & refreshes its software?

I think that the BlueCurve app on your smart-phone has an option to set a time-of-day for that "refresh" outage.

0 Kudos

Is there any way to disable this? My doorbell cameras loo...

MamaT215
Grasshopper

Is there any way to disable this? My doorbell cameras loose signal as well, so if something were to happen or someone was on my property I wouldn’t get a notification warning me. Does t make me feel very safe, which is why we got the cameras in the first place!!!

0 Kudos

Maintenance doesn’t happen very often, if your internet g...

rstra
Grand Master

@MamaT215  Maintenance doesn’t happen very often, if your internet goes off nightly, you need to contact Rogers to troubleshoot.

wrote: Is there any way to disable this?  No.  Also, ther...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MamaT215 wrote: Is there any way to disable this? 

No.  Also, there is no way to disable the need to get my automobile serviced, twice/year.

Maintenance, of Shaw's infrastructure and my automobile, is essential to keep both in tip-top shape.

But, as @rstra indicated, you may have some other problem that Shaw/Rogers Support (1-888-472-2222) can trouble-shoot.  It might be necessary to replace the cable-modem (which costs you nothing to switch).

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help