-- Deauth_ind A0:2C:36:55:B5:C8, status: 0, reason: Class...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Nike -- Deauth_ind A0:2C:36:55:B5:C8, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from non-associated station (7)

Can you determine which networking adapter inside a computer within your private network has that MAC address?

I did look at: MAC address lookup report for A0:2C:36:55:B5:C8 | MAC Address Vendor Lookup

but it did not help me determine which company (Intel? Netgear? Cisco?) has been assigned all MAC-addresses that start with "A0:2C:36".

I wonder if the Windows command-line utility:  IPCONFIG /RELEASE would generate such a "Class 3 frame" ?

Check the date/time/timezone on your router and each of your devices, to ensure that the router's DHCP-server and each computer's DHCP-client are "agreeing".  There's no sense in handing-out an IP-address with the wrong date/time/timezone -- namely sometime in the past.

0 Kudos

mdk, thanks a lot for your response, As you see, A0:2C:36...

Nike
Grasshopper

mdk, thanks a lot for your response,

As you see, A0:2C:36 belongs to FN-Link Tech, and my understanding is that they are manufacturing network adapters for IoT products. So, it is very possible that some nearby IoT device is trying to connect. I have none at home, but who knows, maybe my neighbours do and it unsuccessfully tries to connect to my router. However, my understanding is that the de-authorization is something that a router does to devices already connected to it. It also appears that the de-authorization is a tool commonly used by hackers to disconnect a device from your network and make it connect to their open network with the same SSID. Frankly, I absolutely don't expect this to be the case, but I would love to know what is the case and how come I have this entry in the router system log.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help