Re: How can I get my Arris XB6 exchanged for the Technicolor

thaya258
Grasshopper

So Shaw tech just visited today. Swapped out my Arris modem for the Technicolor one. I am pleased to report that the latency is incredible low and stable. Even when hammering away at it trying to saturate my connection and doing speedtests the latency remains low and stable. The Arris would be spiking all over the place.....

As for the intermittent connection issues I had experienced with the Arris, only time will tell....I will report my findings after more exhaustive testing.

I am still not getting 600 speeds but I am not too bothered because stability is far more important to me. If I can have that first then I will worry about speeds...

P.S. The tech who came to do the swap said that he actually had more issues with Technicolor than Arris....Also when holding both the Arris was significantly more heavier than the Technicolor....it maybe due to the metal base but anyways, the Broadcom chipset is far more stable so far...

Not applicable

I suspect, but haven't confirmed, that the Arris model has a backup battery in it for the telephone ports in a power outage.  There are references to the backup battery in places in the cusadmin pages (or there was in previous firmware versions).

The Technicolor's battery is external.

Shaw says the battery feature is disabled, but that isn't saying if the battery is physically inside or not.

Quick question about the Technicolor version though, is the power supply still internal?  Or does it have a power brick?  lol

0 Kudos

thaya258
Grasshopper

Yeah I thought these units had batteries built in because of the UI but I can't confirm.

The PSU for the technicolor is also internally built in, no power brick. So far internet has not disconnected and capped at 300 still....

0 Kudos

Not applicable

thaya258 wrote:

Yeah I thought these units had batteries built in because of the UI but I can't confirm.

The PSU for the technicolor is also internally built in, no power brick. So far internet has not disconnected and capped at 300 still....

And the weight..  lol

Aright, that kinda sucks..  I was hoping to PoE power the modem   ')

0 Kudos

Not applicable

shaw-moderator

Any updates on this?  How/where can I get this Arris swapped for the Technicolor?

0 Kudos

snyp1193
Grasshopper

I was able to swap my Arris XB6 for the Technicolor XB6 at Sunridge Shaw in Calgary. They were aware of the Arris problems and were happy to switch it with the Technicolor version (just gotta ask them). I haven’t had any issues with online gaming or ping spikes since the swap.

Not applicable

Alright

I might try that this week.

Hopefully they have some..

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Can anybody confirm stock on the XB6 modems in Calgary?

I went a couple weeks ago and they told me there were no XB6 modems of either brand in Calgary at all..

I'm still hoping to get mine exchanged..

0 Kudos

snyp1193
Grasshopper

Really odd how they would not have any XB6...I wonder what they are giving out for new customers then.

You’ll just have to wait till they get more I suppose. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

They told me they didn't have any for new customers either...

Why I asked if anybody knew if they had more yet.. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help