Jump to solution

>  I was wondering how you got to that image on the Shaw...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  I was wondering how you got to that image on the Shaw Webmail account?

Under Windows 8 or Windows 10, there is the "Windows Snipping Tool".

Open Shaw Webmail, or whatever program you want to take a "snapshot" of.

From the Windows "Start" button, launch that tool.

You'll have an option to "draw" a rectangular border around any part of the screen, to "snip".

Under Windows 10, there even is a "delay" option, so that you can click somewhere on the WebMail page, and then wait for the correct time that you want to "snip".

Finally, you can save the capture as either a JPG or PNG image, into your "Pictures" folder.

QED

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi Shaw-Tony, I got the message asking which image, I was...

Baker85
Grasshopper

Hi Shaw-Tony,

I got the message asking which image, I was unable to reply on the site as it said "Acess Denied". Yes, the Image I was referring to was the reply you made to Gilliana at ‎2019-06-25 09:02 AM. I have had the same problem, where I open the emails on my computer and they are gone when I open my iPad or iPhone. I have tried several methods but none have worked.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

ah! That's through https://webmail.shaw.ca/ in the prefer...

shaw-tony

@Baker85 ah! That's through https://webmail.shaw.ca/ in the preferences tab, in the mail settings you scroll all the way down.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi!  I have had the disappearing emails problem too.  Tha...

UrbanMermaid
Grasshopper

Hi!  I have had the disappearing emails problem too.  Thank you for offering this solution and I will see if it works. 

Thank you!

Jump to solution

I don't have this option on my webmail ??  I had to creat...

cricket
Grasshopper

I don't have this option on my webmail ??  I had to create a new subfolder in my Outlook 365 mail.  If I deleted from my Webmail it deleted it from my Outlook   So frustrating. Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- If I deleted from my Webmail it deleted it from my Out...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cricket -- If I deleted from my Webmail it deleted it from my Outlook  

That is the way it should work.

Compare to the Canada Post letter-carrier dropping an envelope into the mailbox on the outside of your home.

If you "peek" into your mailbox, you will see the envelope, whether you are using Shaw WebMail or Microsoft Outlook. If you leave it there, it stays there, to enable future "peeking".

If you remove the envelope from your mailbox, it can no longer be viewed by WebMail nor by Outlook.

If your room-mate / spouse / significant other removes the envelope (by using a different E-mail program), it will be "gone".

Outlook has "Storage Folders". The content in these folders is stored ONLY on your computer, not on that outdoor mailbox. So, if you move the envelope into a Storage Folder, it will not be accessible to WebMail. Within Outlook, you will need to open the Storage Folder to view the envelope.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

When I was using Office 2017 (I think that was what it wa...

cricket
Grasshopper

When I was using Office 2017 (I think that was what it was... the one before Office365) I did not have this issue.   If I deleted from my shaw.webmail and I already had it on my computer in my Office Outlook it would stay in my computer inbox.   I have created subfolders in my inbox and they are were also created in Shaw-webmail (not by me) somehow shaw-webmail is synced to my Office 365 Outlook mail.

Capture.JPG

I have tried saving all my emails as PST and then redo outlook but then I have issues with receiving emails. And when I import the PST folder I have another inbox.  So frustrating.   I just have to remember to only delete the emails that I don't want to keep.  Also I used to be able to delete from my computer email (Office 365 Outlook) and they would be deleted.. now I have to delete from my Shaw webmail. UGH.   Guess this is the way it works from now on.  So frustrating.   

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi Tony, I have had the same problem for at least a year....

UrbanMermaid
Grasshopper

Hi Tony,

I have had the same problem for at least a year.  I called and spoke to people at Shaw several times.  It has been very, very frustrating to say the least.

Today I am trying your solution.  It was just by chance that i saw it.

Thank you,

Deanna

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I tried your recommended solution, but it did not work!...

rzimmerman
Grasshopper

I tried your recommended solution, but it did not work!  I did a test email and it still went directly into the Recycle Bin.

R. Zimmerman

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

--  I did a test email and it still went directly into th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rzimmerman --  I did a test email and it still went directly into the Recycle Bin.

Have you created any "filters", e.g., "when SUBJECT line contains [make money fast], move the message to the Recycle bin" ?

If you delete it from the "inbox" on Shaw WebMail, the item is moved to the "Trash" folder.

If you delete it from the "Trash" folder, it is permanently deleted -- the other E-mail programs (Mail on iPhone, Windows 10 Mail, Microsoft Outlook) that you use will "synchronize" your action.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help