-- have you tried disconnecting the power-cord from the c...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cannotusethis -- have you tried disconnecting the power-cord from the cable-modem for 30 seconds, then reconnecting it, and then trying again?

0 Kudos

Yes have tried everything !! Now i get a message saying i...

cannotusethis
Grasshopper

Yes have tried everything !! Now i get a message saying i dont have a gateway connected to my account ??? I liked the old shaw gateway system there was more control over your internet. The shaw blue curve app really sucks

Contact Shaw ask them to reprovision your account. Start...

rickatk
Master

@cannotusethis 

Contact Shaw ask them to reprovision your account. 

Start installation  again. Ask the tech to assist you.

0 Kudos

i agree.. the connection is way faster but the you have t...

dbdbdb
Grasshopper

i agree.. the connection is way faster but the you have to log into the router from a browser to change most settings. the app is terrible and take minutes to load.. resets sometimes. all the shaw apps are horrible actually. including the cable freerange or whatever they call it now.. but itself believe the fastest Internet ever had. just wish they'd update their OS to be more user friendly. 

0 Kudos

OMG the password was actually "password". Who does that?...

BullDurham
Grasshopper

OMG the password was actually "password". Who does that? Why is it not the password on the modem sticker??

Linksys is admin, Dlink is blank, and Netgear is password...

rstra
Grand Master

@BullDurham 

Linksys is admin, Dlink is blank, and Netgear is password, these are all defaults and meant to be changed. 

0 Kudos

Most noobs never change it and that is a security risk. T...

BullDurham
Grasshopper

Most noobs never change it and that is a security risk. There is a password on the modem and it should be default. It was on every other Shaw modem.

@cannotusethis -- have you tried the "pin-hole-reset" ste...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cannotusethis -- have you tried the "pin-hole-reset" step?

Were you "permanently" locked-out, or just for an hour or two?

Have you tried disconnecting the cable-modem from electrical power, waiting a minute, and reconnecting the power?

0 Kudos

I never thought to try "password" either.  Thanks for you...

Lags
Grasshopper

I never thought to try "password" either.  Thanks for your post!!!

0 Kudos

Uh huh. I “logged in” in a web browser and I get a popup...

Bluecurvebites
Grasshopper

Uh huh. I “logged in” in a web browser and I get a popup saying “you bad! You are using default password. Must change”

problem is the popup will not go away and there is no way to change the password since I cannot get to the password settings. 

Also, why do I need to manually adjust the frequency the modem is transmitting on to add a smart plug? If this modem is supposedly advanced, why can it not detect what frequency the device is using and transmit on that frequency to that device on its own, without changing settings?