-- There is frequent disconnects on either TV or devices,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@meowimacat -- There is frequent disconnects on either TV or devices, and thought using own router would be more stable.

I disagree.

Your router would communicate "through" the BlueCurve, to the Internet.So, if it is the BlueCurve that has the problem, adding a router will not make a difference, especially if you get interruptions on your TV that is directly-connected (HDMI cable?) to the BlueCurve.

If the problem is in the coaxial-cables inside your walls, or the coaxial-cable from your home to the telephone-pole, or the Shaw cables running up-and-down your street, adding a router will not make a difference.

If you have a wireless device (iPhone or iPad or laptop), place it beside one of your wireless TV pods, to see if you get a "strong" WiFi connection to your BlueCurve. If you do, then the TV pod will similarly have a strong WiFi connection.

0 Kudos

I know I'm a couple of months late, but this is unequivoc...

Tosslehofe
Grasshopper

I know I'm a couple of months late, but this is unequivocally false.

Bluecurve will continue to broadcast those hidden SSIDs no matter what you do, even if it's completely bridged, it's dumping 1500mW of transmit power into around 6 SSIDs that never go away. the entire spectrum is congested by the bull**bleep** that this modem emits even in bridge mode. 

Shaw's only advice was "Contact Comcast" like **bleep**in.. really? 

im loopholing my way out of the contract and saying **bleep** this 

0 Kudos

-- entire spectrum is congested  I pity those living in M...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Tosslehofe -- entire spectrum is congested 

I pity those living in MURBs (Multiple Unit Residential Buildings) where each condo/apartment has their own (visible & hidden) WiFi networks, and the WiFi "clouds" severely overlap.  Now, that IS congested.

TALK TO US
We're here to help