I was promised a deal and after first bill, I got something else. Really disappointed for changing to Shaw

tamerz999
Grasshopper

I was offered Internet 75 with 500 GB, then I declined the offer and I told the loyalty agent that I can't accept any offer unless it has unlimited internet. So the Shaw loyalty agent came back on phone and said "I got exception for you for unlimited internet for 75 internet speed". I accepted the offer and now on my first bill I found the agent gave me 75 internet speed with 500 GB monthly limit not like what we agreed on. I lost my internet with Telus and now because of that I am really disappoint on how I was dragged to this low speed internet with limited GB. I am off course of moving to back to Telus and regret going through this.

3 Replies

Re: I was promised a deal and after first bill, I got something else. Really disappointed for changing to Shaw

shaw-tamara

Hi tamerz999 

We apologize for any confusion on this - we actually don't have an unlimited Internet 75 package. The only packages that include unlimited data are Internet 300 (formerly 150) and Internet 600 (formerly 300).  That said, we don't charge for data overages if you go over your monthly limit, so you don't need to worry about any unexpected charges if you go over 500GB.  The only thing that might happen is if you consistently go over the limit, we may contact you to discuss upgrading your package to something that is better suited for your needs.  

0 Kudos

I've had a similar terrible experience, after having been...

MarcYVR
Grasshopper

I've had a similar terrible experience, after having been a long time customer, i thought I'd have to be moving in with my Dad to look after him, from Vancouver to calgary, so i termintated services -when I was no longer needed in Calgary i did move back to Vancouver - (after not fully letting my apartment go, so i called to get internet back, and it was to be something like 60$ more per month than what I had just been paying 4 months earlier. In order to qualify for current promos, you must "not have been a customer for past 90 days) in my case it was 120 days but THEIR SYSTEM never closed my account , it just sat there for 4 months with a -5$ balance (negative 5) --- so instead of doing the right thing to get me the actual promo i was offered in my mailbox - they applied a few credits here and there and then i realized i was now going to be billed for rental of a 4k tv box (i decided to switch to them for both services since "Moe" from Maple Ridge gave me a really nice deal (after 24 hrs of using the 4k box - I realized there is no way I would enjoy the interface AT ALL - and I'm not one to talk to devices much, i prefer human interaction -bottom line i was assuered that Moe would call me back, its now been more than a week and i am very aware they are using the 10 days or else to lock me down into an agreement i signaled in clear words in a saved chat transcript that i was so sorry but really HATED the interface, and the remote control, I'm 52, i can hardly feel one button from the other (due to hiv related neuropathy in my fingers and hands sometimes) i much prefer the feel of the slim telus remote with larger FEELABLE TO ME -buttons !  They wouldn't hear of it, gave me a verbal run around -i agree that the promos the loyalty team applied i could not keep all of it for example a 200$ bill credit to keep my business and for all the 4 chat agents who not only gave me a run around but were downright almost abusive.... so you would think they would at least agree to remove 100$ from the bill credit (for 2 services 200 so for 1 service, let me have at least a 100$ credit.) Now i'm sure i'm past day 10 and sitll no news from Loyalty. I will take this to CTV NEWS where they have to fight for you and divulge all the pain a company can lay onto a helpless customer!) Bottom line, WITH SHAW you have to FIGHT TOOTH AND NAIL to get anywhere -its all uphill battles, I can easily imagine some people just give up and get taken for HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of dollars at a time when pandemic is still full throttle, income is way less, bills are way more .... and they don't give you a break .  I feel for you and on that note, i'm calling back again - it took over a week just to get over ptsd like symptoms just over SHAW !!! BUT I'M READY NOW

0 Kudos

-- instead of CTV, you could try: CBC News | Go Public >...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MarcYVR -- instead of CTV, you could try: CBC News | Go Public

> hated the interface

Many Windows 7 users hated the Windows 8 GUI (Graphic User Interface)

Already, some Windows 11 users are griping about changes from the Windows 10 GUI.

P.S. There no longer exists a "Loyalty Department" within Shaw to respond to you. It seems like Shaw's first-level Agents have been granted some discretion.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help