that is certainly odd. The signal to your equipment looks...

shaw-tony

@knowlan that is certainly odd. The signal to your equipment looks solid with no errors showing up. It may be a power-related issue or a faulty BlueCurve Gateway. When you notice the drops, does the modem go off entirely? Are you using any power bars to connect the modem or is it direct to a wall outlet?

0 Kudos

I have exactly the same problem with the same errors. I n...

dlardner
Grasshopper

I have exactly the same problem with the same errors. I note some xfinity  users note the same problem. Here is a copy of the logs

ti_dhcp6c[12746]: 72001011-DHCPv6 - Missing Required Option 822020/11/14 16:35:42Critical
ti_dhcp6c[12746]: 72001011-DHCPv6 - Missing Required Option 242020/11/14 16:35:42Critical
ti_dhcp6c[12746]: 72001004-DHCPv6 Provision - 0 Retries Attempted with Last attempt at Sat Nov 14 23:35:41 20202020/11/14 16:35:42Critical
ti_dhcp6c[12746]: 72001011-DHCPv6 - Missing Required Option 822020/11/14 16:35:41Critical
ti_dhcp6c[12746]: 72001011-DHCPv6 - Missing Required Option 242020/11/14 16:35:41Critical
ti_dhcp6c[12746]: 72001004-DHCPv6 Provision - 1 Retries Attempted with Last attempt at Sat Nov 14 23:35:40 20202020/11/14 16:35:41Critical
0 Kudos

-- DHCPv6 Provision ... Can you reconfigure your network...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dlardner -- DHCPv6 Provision ...

Can you reconfigure your network adapter in your computer to exclusively use the IPv4 protocol, and disable/remove the IPv6 protocol?

What other symptoms do you have?

I get those same errors coming up daily, but do not exper...

rstra
Grand Master

@dlardner I get those same errors coming up daily, but do not experience the same problems as you. Have you contacted Shaw? It would be interesting to see what the signal levels are for your modem. If you go in to 10.0.0.1 and click on “Connection” and then “Shaw Network” you will see upstream and downstream power levels, what are those numbers?

The blue curve is in bridge mode with a mikrotik router (...

dlardner
Grasshopper

The blue curve is in bridge mode with a mikrotik router (need this setup for the control 4 system).

The mikrotik I  factory reset and updated software ,I reset the bluecurve and reinstalled it. This this still happens.

I checked the cable to modem. it is good (the system is set up exactly the same as the old shaw modem also set up in bridge mode with the mikrotik router. No connections or cables were changed. The only change is the blue curve.  

So other symptoms

I stream music through my control 4 home system. The internet drops out and the music stops.

Same when I am streaming video through Roku or apple TV. video stops. sometimes for a few seconds but it can be for several minutes.

Also computer is not able to access internet at these times. Nor can  we access internet via Wireless access point connected to the Router

So it is clearly not just the computer as all devices are unable to access internet when this happens.

Looking at the web it looks like people on Xfinity, comcast, Rogers also report these problems with the Arris TB3482G.

SO WHATS GOING ON?

I shouldn't have to reboot the blue curve a couple of times a day to solve the issue.

0 Kudos

-- I stream music through my control 4 home system. The i...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dlardner -- I stream music through my control 4 home system. The internet drops out and the music stops.

You probably do not have one run of coaxial-cable from the nearest telephone-pole to your set-top TV box, plus another run of coaxial-cable from that same telephone-pole to your BlueCurve cable-modem.  Instead, you probably have just one run of cable. Physically cut that cable or electronically interrupt it, and all your devices will go "silent", as you have noticed.

So, I recommend that you contact Shaw (currently, online chat has priority over telephone) and ask them to trouble-shoot from the Shaw "demarcation box" (on the outside of your home) out to their infrastructure (up-and-down your street), since your symptoms seem to be "outside" of your house's wiring (cable, electrical).

Finally, do you have any nearby neighbours who also have Shaw Internet and/or Shaw TV, who experience interruptions at the same time as you?  Again, that points to Shaw's infrastructure.

0 Kudos

checking your account, the signal to your modem is a bit...

shaw-tony

@dlardner checking your account, the signal to your modem is a bit off-spec which some troubleshooting will be able to resolve this. I'd recommend checking if there are any kinked coax cables or faulty splitters along the connection. Unplug the connections and reseat them back in finger tight. If you continue to notice issues still, touch base with our technical support team to investigate further.

0 Kudos

welcome to my router, my router gets so overwhelmed by th...

gamergirl306
Grasshopper

8D85B845-EE9A-420D-B1A7-6D883726FA5A.png

welcome to my router, my router gets so overwhelmed by the requests that it’s very unstable. Fluctuating and just completely disconnecting. I tried to explain this to Shaw that I may need a different IP address but I honestly feel like nothing was fixed or understood. My logs show a massive Attack on me. It’s been happening for months and now it’s getting worse to a point where its bothering me. Everytime I phone Shaw to explain my situation, I’m fine on their side but later on after THEY refreshed me and got off the phone with me, ITS back to the excessive requests from whoever that or what is!?! Of course I’m fine for a tiny bit while on the phone with them or they check it only once…. They need to scan my internet connection consistently and not only once… they would then understand the problem but I never met anyone who wants to actually understand what I’m seeing or reading in my logs. My Requests are overwhelming!! I’m mad!! 

0 Kudos

you could try and convince the support people to send you...

rstra
Grand Master

@gamergirl306 you could try and convince the support people to send you another modem, that would be the best way to get your IP address changed. 

I could yes, but I’m worried because I just got this rout...

gamergirl306
Grasshopper

I could yes, but I’m worried because I just got this router less than two months ago, I recently just changed to fibre gig. But if im wrong about myself being constantly Bot-ted  or DDos’d personally then that’ll mean that it’s actually the whole range of IP address’s that’s been given to each customer by our provider (shaw) and or also the DNS addresses are also infected too or whatever it’s called… that’s what actually is being attacked so then that will affect everyone using Shaw.
Technically anybody with Shaw is also going through this or experiencing this pretty close to my amount of noise that I’m receiving on a daily basis with my FireWall Logs. Please if you can? the Best way to help my theory out is to look Your own IP address up and then see if it is actually Blacklisted, then come back and let me know here on this thread.
•• If you work with Shaw please help with this!! It could be a great possibility, so please check! it’s better to be safe than sorry! ••
If enough Shaw customers can comment “yes” confirming that you see that your personal ip is actually blacklisted or that you show a ton of FW requests like mine! Then maybe Shaw will actually consider looking more into it and properly getting it fixed once and for all! Because the blacklisting is beyond our control at that point…. so I’m really hoping it’s not that bad… the website to check at is called MXtoolbox. it’s super helpful because it can show you a bunch of crucial info on your IP address, Wan address, DNS…etc ! For me I think it’s an absolute godsend! And I just discovered this a day or so ago!! I highly recommend bookmarking - saving that website forever to your fave web browser just incase. it has really helpful benefits that can help you for life!!
Please google the name “MXToolbox” though to get the correct URL for yourself. I don’t want to type it incase I make a typo. Please help! Also thank y’all to whoever read this super long comment lol! Blessings everyone! 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help