Jump to solution

Re: Internet 150 -doubled to 300 but really its less

cygxanadu
Grasshopper

I use to have Shaw 75 that was too slow for what I need to do so I upgraded to Shaw 150 now I can do what it's intended to do. My 2 year contract was up so I switched to Telus Fiber Optic 75 that was good enough for me I was using that for about 5 months almost 6, then a Shaw Customer Sales rep knocked on my door and offer Shaw 300 $50 amonth on a 2 year contract ( I fell for it ) now I have Shaw 300 but it"s the same speed as when I had Shaw 75, speed tests show http://prntscr.com/nbm9dp  I ran these tests 10 times avg. speed was 210Mbps - 232MbpsDOWNLOAD 11Mbps - 14Mbps UPLOAD. I do not use WI-FI I have no need for it I don't use another router other than the supplied Shaw Base Router. LAN is active, I have done 3 HARD resets nothing improved.

Funny thing is that when I had SHAW 150 I had no issues. Please DO NOT!! give me the run-around and mention browsers( thats a cop out ) I'm savy with my computer, 8gb of RAM 3.2 Dual core AMD processor. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey cygxanadu,

Thanks for reaching out! There may be several reasons why you are experiencing slower speeds through the direct ethernet connection. It may be a poor signal from the coax cable connection, noise in the lines, a settings related issue or a faulty modem. Since you have tried some of the troubleshooting steps, your best bet is to touch base with our technical support members to further investigate or schedule a technician on site to fix this.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

oscar9
Grasshopper

how do you change the bandwidth?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

oscar9 you can change this in the modem's admin functions. For the BlueCurve modem, the steps are available here.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Shaw won't take responsibility for their bad service and...

oxsesky
Grasshopper

Shaw won't take responsibility for their bad service and customer support won't tell you the truth, the only real solution is to leave Shaw and maybe they will finally get the message and start to take action but don't hold your breath.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

If you are using 3rd party router. Try resetting the rout...

aspannu
Grasshopper

If you are using 3rd party router. Try resetting the router to factory defaults. My speed was also about 150-170. But shaw modem speed was 300-325. I checked the ethernet cables. fianlly resetting the router to factory defaults gave me the speed I was paying for 300-325.

TALK TO US
We're here to help