Internet 150 -doubled to 300

Not applicable

I currenly have shaw 150 internet.  With the upgrade shaw has given to double internet speed to 300.  I have power cycled my equipment many times and still seem to be around the 150 mark.  I am checking with a desktop and cat 5e ethernet cable directly to shaw hitron modem. My desktop appears to have a gigabit nic

My wireless runs off the same modem, using different router and  ip address.

Speeds on wireless are in the 90 to 100 range, depending on device and distance from router

Am i needing to change the modem to achieve the 300 mbps speeds, or is it possibly it is not in our area yet

We are on the east side of Winnipeg

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Internet 150 -doubled to 300

Not applicable

Likely hasn't hit your area yet..  There are some random hold-outs 

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hey rbaumler 

When you ran the speedtest, which site did you use? And which browser were you using? The upgrade is being rolled out over time, but if you power cycled your modem that should have forced it to update. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Good morning

When i ran the speed test, i used two sites

1st was speedtest.net, 

2nd was shaw speedtest

I was using Google chrme browser, on winows 10 64 bit desktop, hard wired direct

To shaw hitron modem

I have cycled modem dsily, 

Perhaps its just not upgraded yet

* note, received email from shaw about upgrade yesterday*

Richard

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey rbaumler,

Thank you for those details. It may be a setting in your Chrome Browser that is causing issues, are you able to run a speed test which in incognito mode or on another browser like Internet Explorer or FireFox? There have been reports that the setting "Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly" causes issues with speed tests. 

Your area and equipment should be updated after power resetting it. Keep me posted!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help