I am in Kelowna and for 3 days now have been having micro...

Nellybel
Grasshopper

I am in Kelowna and for 3 days now have been having micro-outages throughout various times in the day and night ( like on,off, on off,on off multiple times) and cutting me totally off in the midst of something on the internet. This is the first time I have experienced this. I too have been wondering if too many people are using it. I have the Shaw Hitron Modem but not bridged. It is happening so frequently that I completely stopped using it for a span of time in the day, did a disconnect and after 1 minute reconnected but same problem happening. I am simply a user and not into the dynamics of specific detailed info in this respect...I just want it to work.

0 Kudos

the signal to your modem and area looks solid with no err...

shaw-tony

@Nellybel the signal to your modem and area looks solid with no errors to report. Are you noticing issues over WiFi or direct ethernet connections affected as well? What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? When the modem disconnects, do the lights on the modem go out completely and reset?

0 Kudos

I just started noticing this today (Dec 5) when streaming...

Dakko
Grasshopper

I just started noticing this today (Dec 5) when streaming stopped while I was watching a program. I also noticed an audio dropout this morning. While watching my cable TV this evening the smart TV periodically complains it can't access the internet. This is in Windsor Park.

0 Kudos

-- Windsor Park Which one? Victoria? Calgary? Winnipeg? E...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Dakko -- Windsor Park

Which one? Victoria? Calgary? Winnipeg?

Exactly what time of day? More than one evening?

Shaw does schedule outages, in the 1 AM to 7 AM window (Calgary timezone).

0 Kudos

-- since April 2020, have you moved from Kelowna, or are...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Nellybel -- since April 2020, have you moved from Kelowna, or are you living at the same place? Do you still have the issue, or did a Shaw technician come to your residence, and resolve the problem?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help