Jump to solution

Did it only happen at certain times like 4am like this po...

cg_user
Grasshopper
0 Kudos
Jump to solution

This is sounds like a Intel Puma Chipset issue with your...

Zeebar
Grasshopper

This is sounds like a Intel Puma Chipset issue with your modem. The issue effects all puma Chipset a. Shaw is well aware of the issue. See the following links for more detail:

https://www.classactionlawyers.com/puma6

https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeNetworking/comments/c9v3wq/2019_are_the_puma_6_modems_fixed_yet/?utm_so...

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I get different IP-addresses for the FQDN (Fully Qualifie...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

I get different IP-addresses for the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) of www.google.com, depending on which DNS-server that I query:

Server:  dns.google
Address:  8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    www.google.com
Addresses:  2607:f8b0:400a:808::2004

-----------------------------------------------

Server:  hitronhub.home
Address:  192.168.0.1

Addresses:  2607:f8b0:400a:808::2004

Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1

Addresses:  2607:f8b0:400a:803::2004

Interesting. Obviously, www.google.com is a "busy" web-site, and Google must be using "round-robin" DNS-servers to give different answers for each incoming request.

Also, I see:

QUESTIONS:
        www.google.com, type = A, class = IN
    ANSWERS:
    ->  www.google.com
        internet address = 172.217.3.196
        ttl = 39 (39 secs)

i.e., a very-short TTL (Time To Live) value, implying that the IP-address may change, if you wait more than 39 seconds, and make another request.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I’ll be honest Shaw has the worst internet upload speeds...

Frays
Grasshopper

I’ll be honest Shaw has the worst internet upload speeds I have ever seen. They advertise as a fibre package but it’s the farthest from actual fibre like Telus. I am getting 500+ mb uploads and 650+ downloads over wifi with Telus fibre. Quit wasting your time with Shaw guys and get Telus it is a dream of a difference especially when running your businesses out of your home. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- I’ll be honest Shaw has the worst internet upload spee...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Frays -- I’ll be honest Shaw has the worst internet upload speeds I have ever seen.

There is not much competition. There is Shaw, and there is Telus, and there are "resellers" -- who buy "bulk" Internet access from Shaw and/or from Telus, and remarket the access.

So, what other competitors do you know of?

[Shaw] advertise as a fibre package but it’s the farthest from actual fibre like Telus.

I disagree. Shaw has fiber-optic cable up to the "last mile" to your home, which is carried through coaxial-cable, at download speeds up to 1000 Mbps.

My friend's Telus connection is fiber-optic cable to a distribution-box around the corner from their home, and copper-wire from that box into their home -- a maximum of 75 Mbps for downloads.  So, Shaw's "hybrid" method is over 10 times faster than Telus's "hybrid" method.

Another friend has Telus fiber-optic into their home. Some Shaw customers in Calgary currently have "fiber to the home". So, this is a "tie".

I am getting 500+ mb uploads and 650+ downloads over wifi with Telus fibre.

So, why are you participating in this forum for Shaw customers? Trolling?

> get Telus it is a dream of a difference especially when running your businesses out of your home. 

If you are running multiple businesses out of your home, sign-up with Shaw Business, to get higher speeds. Of course, at a higher cost than Shaw Residential for one Shaw "bundle".

Example from: https://business.shaw.ca/internet/businessinternet

Business Internet 750 - $140/month
* up to 750 Mbps download speeds
* up to 125 Mbps upload speeds

QED

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help