Also my internet speed is slow.  Can't reach a live agent...

nothappy6
Grasshopper

Also my internet speed is slow.  Can't reach a live agent and the online chat may as well be a trained chicken randomly choosing canned responses.

0 Kudos

i have the total package and internet 1.5 the highest i c...

izzybitz1
Grasshopper

i have the total package and internet 1.5 the highest i can get and its still slow, for 8 days in a row we had no tv or internet, 3 techs came out to no avail. finally on 9th day a field tech came out and fixed the connector in the box. worked great for a day then the next day back to glitching. my internet speed is slower than my old hitron one. the tech told me ill never get higher than 400 for a download speed, then what the hell am i paying for. horrible service. when my contract is up , good bye shaw//rogers

0 Kudos

-- if you have a WiFi device that has "Wireless N" WiFi a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@izzybitz1 -- if you have a WiFi device that has "Wireless N" WiFi adapter, your speed will never exceed 400 Mbps. 

One bypass for such a slow adapter is to configure Windows to disable it, purchase a USB-to-Wireless-AC adapter, and use it to get over 1000 Mbps (since you have 1500 Mbps service) from the cable-modem.

If you have a device with a 10/100/1000 Ethernet adapter, and a "CAT-5e" or "CAT-6" Ethernet cable, you should get over 900 Mbps download speeds, if your computer is fast-enough to run the Shaw SpeedTest at its full speed.

Get a Shaw Agent to remotely logon to your cable-modem, to view the "signal-strength" reaching it.  Bad signal strength is just plain bad. The Agent should schedule a technician to do a site-visit to remediate that type of problem.

0 Kudos

-- if you type "agent" into Online Chat, do you get conne...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@nothappy6 -- if you type "agent" into Online Chat, do you get connected to a live Agent? This works for me, but sometimes after a wait of about 10 minutes.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help