Jump to solution

-- When I clicked on a link on the Telus fibre, the respo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Keldude -- When I clicked on a link on the Telus fibre, the response was instant. With Shaw on "coax" the wait time for a screen load can take over 15 seconds!!!

What speed of service were you subscribed-to with Telus?  When you ran a "speed-test", were you getting that speed? What monthly cost for Internet?

What speed of service are you subscribed-to with Shaw?  When you ran a "speed-test", are you getting that speed? What monthly cost for Internet?

Contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222), and get them to "reprovision" the cable-modem, to configure it to throttle you to the speed that you are paying for, not some lower speed that you currently are observing.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I dealt with tje roders/Shaw bs for years with their over...

itsnotfiberhere
Grasshopper

I dealt with tje roders/Shaw bs for years with their overselling areas and upselling plans but never delivering on speeds. We paid for 25Mbit plan and it was slow and so we uphraded to 75 plan and at 3am it was great but we still.only had max 4-10Mbit dirong the day. But they still took the cash even though we never saw the actual speeds.

Now i hate bell more than roger BUT they put fiber in amd we tried that......WOW. MAJOR IMPROVEMNT amd speeds were consistent. Funny thing Is once roger/shaw staryed to loose customer to bell with the better speed, rogers/shaw actually invested i  improving their network in tje area....a first in 10 years at least for that area.

Significant other made mistake of signing on with shaw thinking it was a good deal price wise forgetting that ANY OTHER COMPANY IS BETTER cause you never het what ypu pay for with roger/shaw....heck they cant evwn leep internet up at shaw place in toronto.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help