-- with the pricing on the site, that could turn my $61 d...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Sith -- with the pricing on the site, that could turn my $61 dollar a month increase, into a $51 dollar a month increase.

I recommend that you contact Shaw, to see if they can do better than that, for such a minor "downgrade". Certainly, the web-site has no "flexibility", unlike what you might get by directly contacting Shaw.

> Just hoping that they give the 600 people, the upgrade to 100 up.

Finally, while reading this message, scroll-down to see:

capture.jpg

and click that "Your Voice" hyperlink, to contact Shaw, to make your "hope" into a "suggestion".

0 Kudos

Hi there, I've done the Rep contact and spent about an ho...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi there, I've done the Rep contact and spent about an hour or so the last time, including chatting with a Manager. I have also done the Your Voice and received a very weak response, on that as well. No understanding, etc. 

The pricing options are not any better on the chat as opposed to the website...actually on the website, you would think that your just in for a few dollar a month increase, to go to the Fibre + 750, as the base price for 600 is the same, if I recall correctly. Once you try that route, your told you will lose every discount that you secured when you renewed your contract.....sad.

So...down to just hoping, at this stage. 

0 Kudos

That's just shows you how Shaw thinks about long time cus...

dlomond
Grasshopper

That's just shows you how Shaw thinks about long time customers. When they turn the 600 to 750 and now u have to play more if you want more upload speed. Everyone should get the increase in upload speed when shaw  speed is way to slow.

I’m personally done with Shaw after my contract is over i...

Ilias
Grasshopper

I’m personally done with Shaw after my contract is over if not sooner. You pay basically the same as telus but get a significantly inferior internet service.

I mean why not reward your loyal customers on the 600 plan with the upgraded upload speed. 20 Mbps upload is ridiculous.  So much for customer loyalty. 

Hi there, given the amount of time now that 300 Fibre + c...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi there, given the amount of time now that 300 Fibre + customers have been getting the 100 upload, I sent another your voice, yesterday. I still can't understand why they don't give the 600 customers the 100 upload. It should be a no brainer, in my opinion. 

I only signed up for the 600 back in April, so will have a heck of a long time with 20 upload, if they do not do it.

0 Kudos

I submitted a "Your voice" response.  They told me that t...

freeborn
Grasshopper

I submitted a "Your voice" response.  They told me that they will not upgrade legacy service to 100.  They need a reason to justify the cost difference between the old and new services. Doesn't matter now...once Telus fibre is in my area I am jumping ship.  It's too bad...I have always liked Shaw but when I can get way more value at less cost....sorry guys.

Would like to see there full response to your email.

rstra
Grand Master

Would like to see there full response to your email.

0 Kudos

Here is the email:

freeborn
Grasshopper

Thank you for contacting Shaw e-Care. My name is Mitchel, from our Nanaimo office. In response to the inquiry you made from our online form dated November 16th 2020, we would be happy to assist you.

We do appreciate you taking the time to reach out regarding the grandfathered Internet packages and how some recent upgrades are not included. This is something we have implemented as a way to provide more value to our Fibre+ Internet packages which are more expensive. While we do understand that it would be a benefit to customers who have a grandfathered package to also receive the increased upload speeds, at this time upgrading to a current service level is the only way to do that. We are always looking for ways to provide the best customer experience and this may be something which changes down the road as we continue to evolve, for now the grandfathered Internet package will maintain the 600Mbps down and 20Mbps upload speeds. When your 2 year agreement does run out, the pricing will be much more comparable to what the Fibre+ Internet packages are priced at so at that point it may be a good idea to speak with our Sales Team to see if there is an offer which works best to provide you with the products and pricing that best fits your needs.

We hope this answers your questions, but if you do require further assistance, please don’t hesitate to Email back. We are also available via live chat from www.shaw.ca/chat or over the phone @ 1-888-472-2222.

0 Kudos

Thanks for posting. I really hope this changes down the r...

rstra
Grand Master

Thanks for posting. I really hope this changes down the road, maybe they don’t currently have the bandwidth to support the increased uploads for everyone. 

0 Kudos

Hi there, here is the first your voice response from Shaw...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi there, here is the first your voice response from Shaw:

My name is Amber, with the Shaw Cable residential administration department in Nanaimo, BC.  I hope you are well.

In response to your inquiry received via our online form, dated September 24, 2020, I will be happy to assist.

Thank you for reaching out  via our feedback form. We are very sorry you feel as if our new plans are a speed and value injustice, this is not how we want our customers to see our new rebrand. We can definitely appreciate that it is frustrating to learn that you're paying more for an outdated package, and that there are newer options that may work better suit your needs or financial situation. We do often have new products and features that are coming out and are increasingly trying to ensure that we are bringing more value to our customer's packages daily. We do have the option to sign up for our contact emails so that you would receive updates when we have new packaging or pricing available in your area. You are able to do so by requesting the agent to add you as a contact when speaking in real time with any front line.

Rates, products, and promotions do change frequently to keep up with demand, take into account the feedback we have received from our customers all while trying to stay ahead of our competitors. While the new options aren’t always ideal for everyone, we do feel that the benefit is there to ensure that you do have what’s best, even if it is what you have right now. We would typically recommend doing a revisit at least every few years as our packages and options do change frequently and perks/value adds are constantly being added to our newly launched products. Maybe there is a new package that would work better for your budget, needs and wants. We welcome you to connect with Customer care to dissect your bundle any time it is convenient for you. We feel it I important to mention you are able to go with a new Fibre+ plans (if available in your region) at any time if you renew your 2 years. Your old contract would be void and no fee applied upon accepting a new agreement.

Due to the nature of the concern this is not something we are able to go into explicit detail regarding as our team is unable to properly verify an account holder or account security through this avenue of contact (email). At Shaw we take privacy and security very seriously and there are certain requirements having to be met before discussing rates or making changes to the services/products. The platform you are connected with now are administration agents who have the tools and accesses needed to preformed their day to day work tasks. We can understand connecting with Customer Care can be time consuming especially if there is a wait. Please know we do appreciate your time and efforts working with us to help resolve your inquiry. We feel it’s important to advise, if you are left unsatisfied after an interaction with an agent you are able to escalate through this channel and request a supervisor call back or have the chat transcript mailed for feedback/ record keeping purposes.

Thank you again for taking the time to forward your thoughts. It is only through the feedback of customers such as yourself that we are able to continue to grow and improve our customer experience.

Here is the response to my second query:

This is in response to your inquiry or feedback made via email on November 27.

Thank you for contacting us with your concern. We understand that you are interested in increased upload speeds and we are very excited to now be able to offer 100mbps speeds included with our new Fibre+ Internet plans (Fibre+ 300, Fibre+ 750, Fibre+ Gig, and FIbre+ Gig 1.5).

At this time the increased upload speeds are available on our Fibre+ Internet plans only and not our grandfathered Internet plans. Our grandfathered plans have in the past seen speed increases at no additional cost and there is a possibility that our grandfathered plans will eventually receive an upload speed boost as well, although we do not have any confirmed news on that to share right now. At the current time the increased upload speeds are available in our newer Fibre+ plans only and if you would like to discuss further upgrade options available to switch to a Fibre+ plan you can contact our live support for more information. You’ll find the live messaging option here; https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/. Live messaging is now available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Thank you!

I responded to the above with this:

Hi Jeff, thank you for taking the time to respond to my concern.

I only signed up for internet 600 in April, when it was the fastest package available....so there is lots of time left on my contract and if Shaw does not do the upgrade for customers like me....lets just say, it's not good.

I even have the XB6 modem, so it's not a technological issue and also, the Fibre + is just marketing and once again not a technical issue that would present a roadblock, to having the 100 upload.

I have also queried a manager and I believe two different reps at two different times and the resolution offered to me is to sign up for the Fibre +750........but the catch is...I lose all my negotiated discounts and will see an increase of $61/month, to get the 100 upload. This is really not fair that a 300 customer gets a faster upload, than a 600 customer. Just not right.

I still can't see how the company does not see this as an issue just not in my case but everyone who has the 600 plan and has an XB6. These customers should receive the 100 upload, as people on the 300 Fibre + plan, get it.

I hope you can pass this on to the superiors at Shaw, so they can see that this an important matter and should be dealt with by providing the 600 customers, with the 100 upload.

Thanks again for your time and help with the above.

TALK TO US
We're here to help