-- for what I can tell is a problem within the Shaw netwo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bdobson -- for what I can tell is a problem within the Shaw network itself 

Looking at your packet-trace:

Capture.JPG

I see a 15% packet-loss between your computer and your cable-modem. That is definitely not normal.

Try a different Ethernet cable, or, if you are using WiFi to connect to your cable-modem, switch to using an Ethernet cable, and rerun the trace.

Or, try running the trace, using a different, Ethernet-connected computer.

0 Kudos

I've tried multiple cables, I don't use wifi for my compu...

bdobson
Grasshopper

I've tried multiple cables, I don't use wifi for my computer as I don't trust it enough. The only thing in my apartment that uses wifi is my iPad and iPhone that's it.

This is not a problem on my side, it just went away and guess what it's back again. 

I'm not sure they'll be any better but I'm seriously eyeing Telus at this point to give them a chance because this is irritating. I'd call support but that will lead me to the same things I've already done as they don't troubleshoot anything (not their fault). 

0 Kudos

To be clear on this one just in case. This is happening...

bdobson
Grasshopper

To be clear on this one just in case.

1. This is happening on all devices. My laptop. Phone. iPad and all consoles. 
  2. Everything is wired, all wires have been replaced, the hub has been replaced except iPhone + iPad.
  3. This ONLY happens near a weekend and it'll clear up just after the weekend.

Given the above I fail to see how this is something on my end when it'll just go away magically on Monday.
0 Kudos

-- two thoughts: get Shaw to replace the cable-modem; wh...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bdobson -- two thoughts:

1. get Shaw to replace the cable-modem;
  2. what hours do you use the Internet during the week, versus during the weekend? Is it possible that the room-temperature on the weekend is higher, causing intermittent "overheating" issues with the cable-modem and/or your computer ?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help