Re: Minimum requirements for an XB6 to work?

rajatdixit007
Grasshopper

So I finally got tired and placed an order for an ASUS AC3200 tri-band router. I found a good deal on a used one on newegg for about $100. I placed the Shaw Hitron router in ip-passthrough mode and setup the 3 wifi's in the ASUS router. Voilla! one of the best speeds I have ever gotten out of this magic piece of a box with 6 "spider legs". Where I used to barely break ~50 down and 0.5up I am getting 200 down and 16up. Very happy so far!

This is somewhat unrelated to your question but I was rec...

Scubadoo_YYC
Grasshopper

This is somewhat unrelated to your question but I was recently upgraded to an XB6 from Hitron. The Hitron had no problems with the existing coax cable and splitter. The XB6 can't be used with the splitter without cutting the download speed by 50 to 70 percent (I have 300 down / 100 up; previously it was 300 down / 15 up). So, it seems that the XB6 is much more sensitive to signal strength that the Hitron is.

0 Kudos

-- The XB6 can't be used with the splitter without cuttin...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Scubadoo_YYC -- The XB6 can't be used with the splitter without cutting the download speed by 50 to 70 percent

Get Shaw to replace the splitter.  The splitters they supply/use are much better than the one you are using. Shaw will even mail a new splitter to you, at no cost, if you ask. (One not-so-good Shaw Agent had one mailed to me, although my problem was _nothing_ related to any splitter. Replacing the splitter must have been on their list of "try this, then try this". Sigh)

(I have 300 down / 100 up; previously it was 300 down / 15 up). 

Yes, the "15" was a restriction in the Hitron cable-modem.  The XB6 and XB7 do not have that restriction.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help