Jump to solution

It is IPTV over wifi, If you are using the Xi6. BlueCurve...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk @rickatk 

It is IPTV over wifi, If you are using the Xi6.

BlueCurveTV is an ok solution for TV on the go, but Shaw doesn’t have mobile rights to a lot of channels, you can’t access some on demand, or set recordings, plus it is a little but clunky when fast forwarding etc.

Edit: A Shaw TV app for a streaming device would be great, but they really need to get mobile rights to all channels.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I haven’t looked at the mobile lineup closely but I would...

rickatk
Master

@rstra wrote:

@mdk @rickatk 

It is IPTV over wifi, If you are using the Xi6.

BlueCurveTV is an ok solution for TV on the go, but Shaw doesn’t have mobile rights to a lot of channels, you can’t access some on demand, or set recordings, plus it is a little but clunky when fast forwarding etc.

Edit: A Shaw TV app for a streaming device would be great, but they really need to get mobile rights to all channels.

I haven’t looked at the mobile lineup closely but I would agree the FF was clunky on my wife’s old iPad. Her new iPad and my iPad Pro, FF works fine. 

About the lineup, seems its a dogs breakfast respecting broadcast rights. On demand is different than other app versions, or even live tv versions of a show. 

In someways the competition has opened a Pandora’s box of broadcast options for the consumer.   

All in all the mobile line using Chrome-cast works pretty good and will save $$$, next year considering the cost of little dongle thingys this year.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

>That's where a notebook computer, or a tablet, can conne...

rickatk
Master

@mdk 

>That's where a notebook computer, or a tablet, can connect, and run the BlueCurve TV app, to receive TV channels. Some notebook computers have HDMI output, to connect to a portable TV. Both the computer & the TV would, of course, require electrical power.

Running BlueCurve from a laptop via HDMI doesn’t work. Same for Airplay. I tried both using an iPad and HDMI adaptor. Same broadcast restrictions I gather. 

Only Chrome-cast will allow connection albeit wireless which is more convenient than a cable anyway.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

We just make sure all our recordings are set before we le...

rstra
Grand Master

We just make sure all our recordings are set before we leave, at least we can keep on top of them while we are away.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help