My Sonos connection cut out a week ago. Now it will only work with an Ethernet connection. I've had numerous conversations with Sonos and the store I bought it from. They seem to think this is a Shaw issue. Suggestions?

blueflash7
Grasshopper

How do I get the Wifi working again?

5 Replies

Re: My Sonos connection cut out a week ago. Now it will only work with an Ethernet connection. I've had numerous conversations with Sonos and the store I bought it from. They seem to think this is a Shaw issue. Suggestions?

shaw-tony

Hey blueflash7,

Thank you for reaching out! Was the Sonos working with your Internet connection previously? What I can suggest is to separate the networks to 2.4G and 5G with your BlueCurve Home App. This should help bring the networks back for the Sonos to connect to. Otherwise, if there is a factory reset available on the Sonos, I'd recommend trying that too! Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

I tried this and it doesn’t work. I separated the network...

Rpiamonte
Grasshopper

I tried this and it doesn’t work. I separated the networks to 2.4 and 5G but the sonos can’t connect. I have a Play 3.

0 Kudos

-- what do you mean by "cannot connect" ? Does the SONOS...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Rpiamonte -- what do you mean by "cannot connect" ? Does the SONOS "see" the two SSIDs? Does the SONOS give an error-message when it cannot connect? Do you have other devices that can successfully connect to those SSIDs ?

Can you take the SONOS back to the store that sold it to you, and get them to demonstrate that it DOES connect to their in-house WiFi network?

0 Kudos

So more details. I have an S1. I can’t seem to upgrade to...

Rpiamonte
Grasshopper

So more details. I have an S1. I can’t seem to upgrade to S2.  For your question, I got it to work only if it is wired to the modem.  When I remove the ethernet cable, I go thru the steps and create a SONOS network.  However, the play 3 cannot be found on it.  

0 Kudos

You will need to contact Sonos support, Play 3 is S2 comp...

rstra
Grand Master

@Rpiamonte 

You will need to contact Sonos support, Play 3 is S2 compatible, so you need to find out from them why you can’t run the S2 app. 

BlueCurve is able to work with Sonos, I run both S1 and S2 equipment, so it is likely something else that is going on. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help