But was it signing a contract without coercion when it wa...

Sadman
Grasshopper

But was it signing a contract without coercion when it was a Shaw employee telling me i had to sign the contract

0 Kudos

And the cancellation department had made that suggestion...

Sadman
Grasshopper

And the cancellation department had made that suggestion of  a small “bribe”as a way of getting someone else to take over the contract.

It was surprising that a uninvolved person in a peer to peer support group was making the same suggestion

0 Kudos

Hey  , there really is no reason to keep all these differ...

g-idk
Master

Hey @Sadman , there really is no reason to keep all these different threads at the top all the time, it's just a few of us regulars that are ever reading it.  A couple of things I should point out though, it's kinda a thin line with the coercion because the landlord can always say that he did not put a gun to your head and make you sign the contract, but that if you wanted to live under his roof these are the terms and if you didn't like it/go somewhere else.  Morally I agree with you 100%, but just so you know legally it's pretty shakey.  The second thing was about the suggestion of the "small bribe"  that scenario has been quietly going on for years, because Shaw is so rigid on their contracts, sometimes is the only way out for a person, it may not be ethical but it's life.  Oh one last thing I do not work for Shaw nor does @mdk , theres's no funny stuff here, I've known about it also.  So in closing I'm still rooting for you don't get me wrong.  Good Luck Stay Safe 

I care not about the legal fight. I care not about the mo...

Sadman
Grasshopper

I care not about the legal fight. I care not about the money. But the very idea that a company would use the suggestion of “small bribes” to force another human into a contract you no longer want a part of?

the idea of a Shaw employee forcing others into Shaw contracts... (he understandably confirmed why he forced the contract ☺️)

the idea that the practice is to be accepted as normal. 

I don’t mind a daily bump ☺️ and it all just continues to be taken down

0 Kudos

You stay safe as well

Sadman
Grasshopper

You stay safe as well

0 Kudos

How many years has that practice quietly been “going on f...

Sadman
Grasshopper

How many years has that practice quietly been “going on for”....

0 Kudos

Hey , I don't really want to get involved in all of this...

g-idk
Master

Hey @Sadman , I don't really want to get involved in all of this, but this is something even a telus or rogers or bell customer might face in the situation where they can't pay that huge cancellation fee, ie. "maybe try and work a deal out with someone to take over your contract"  I think it happens in other industries also to avoid penalty's they don't want to incur.  It's not a huge nefarious thing. But enough from me that's all I personally want to get involved.  Stay Safe. 

P.S. Just thought of this example for other industries, when your renting an apt. and your on a 1 or 2 year lease and you need to move early, many many people try and find someone to take over their lease contract so they won't get stuck with the lease cancellation fees which can be huge.    

-- I don’t mind a daily bump and it all just continues to...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Sadman -- I don’t mind a daily bump and it all just continues to be taken down

Your bumps are "preaching to the SAME choir" each time. It is getting irritating.

By "taken down", do you mean the way that a court-reporter takes down every word, or do you claim that this forum's moderators are deleting your submissions from your several, mostly-identical, threads?

The participants in this discussion forum cannot help you.

You said that you don't want the courts to intervene.

If you have contacted Shaw, either via "Your Voice" or by www.shaw.ca/chat or 1-888-472-2222, what have they done for you, or offered to you?

Have the media that you have contacted, namely "CBC Go Public" or your "local news site", been in contact with you? Have they published anything that we can view?

It more an public interest case they are hoping for of ho...

Sadman
Grasshopper

It more an public interest case they are hoping for of how a customer or former customer is treated when dealing with a situation such as mine.

if the threads go idle they don’t get any responses or get seen by anyone else possibly experiencing the same situation of being forced into a contract and blah blah blah.  (Pretty sure you know the rest of the story)

and yes I have attempted contact with Shaw numerous times.   Still waiting for anything back. Fingers crossed on that one

0 Kudos

To anyone bothering to read this.It’s not 450 I’m told I...

Sadman
Grasshopper

To anyone bothering to read this.It’s not 450 I’m told I owe it’s 1350$

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help