No, I do not.  It is set to flag the label the email as s...

R0N
Grasshopper

No, I do not.  It is set to flag the label the email as spam and show them in the inbox.  THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH MY SETTINGS OR THOSE OF THE SENDERS.  I have gone through several Shaw support people who have been unable to help, because they either refuse to believe what I tell them, or consider their customers to be idiots. There is some sort of glitch in the system and I need someone at Shaw to take this seriously and look into it.  

0 Kudos

-- This morning I learned that I have also not been recei...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@R0N -- This morning I learned that I have also not been receiving emails from a vendor I deal with.  Same issue and no undeliverable notice. 

The vendor, not you, would receive the "undeliverable" message. Is the vendor receiving such a message, and then telling you (somehow) ?

I have seen a case where a special-interest group was receiving E-mail on their Internet Provider's system, e.g., to "info@club.name.goes.here", and the group had configured that E-mail to be forwarded to an E-mail ID on COMCAST.   The problem was that one of the other customers of that Internet Provider had a compromised computer, and that computer was hijacked to send "spam" E-mail via the mail-server on the Internet Provider's system. As a result, the IP-address of the Internet Provider's mail-server got "black-listed". So, the ID on COMCAST did not receive the message, because COMCAST's mail-server blocks all E-mail originating from an IP-address that is present on that "black-list".

Your vendor could also be (unintentionally) using a "black-listed" mail-server on their Internet Provider's system, and Shaw would be blocking E-mail from IP-addresses on that black-list.

In summary, there are many reasons for NOT getting E-mail from a specific vendor, and not all of them can be blamed on Shaw.

Unless you give us specific details about your vendor, we can only "guess" at the problem.

0 Kudos

Of course we realize that it is the sender that receives...

R0N
Grasshopper

Of course we realize that it is the sender that receives the "undeliverable" notice.  You discover this when there is follow-up to find out why someone has not responded.

In my case, it is not only one vendor whose mail I am not receiving.  It is also our dog trainer who has been sending emails to the same list of recipients for years.  Suddenly, I and my wife (who is on the same Shaw account) stopped receiving them, although everyone else continued to get them.  If one of the other recipients hit "reply all" we received that, along with the original email in the string.  Again, the sender had no notification that the email had not reached us.

If Shaw is blocking emails, for whatever reason, in a manner that neither the sender nor recipient knows it is happening, it IS a Shaw issue.  I only know of the two mentioned, but there could be others.  How would I know?  It is as if Shaw is taking bags of mail and throwing them in the garbage.  We have come to count on the reliability of email.

I would happily provide further details to Shaw, if I could find someone who is interested in solving the problem.

0 Kudos

I'm experiencing the exact same issue with Shaw email. I...

Gurbinder1
Grasshopper

I'm experiencing the exact same issue with Shaw email. I see many other on the forums complaining for the last few years. It's 2021 and it's still not fixed. Disappointing service.

0 Kudos

I am also experiencing this same issue. I've had sites sa...

TanyaLC
Grasshopper

I am also experiencing this same issue. I've had sites say they are sending me email with confirmation codes, etc and I am not receiving the emails and no bounceback/reject notices. This is definitely an issue with shaw and its getting very frustrating.

0 Kudos

-- almost 2 years later, are you still having a problem r...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@TanyaLC -- almost 2 years later, are you still having a problem receiving those codes?

Have you viewed your "Junk Mail" folder for those messages?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help