Re: not receiving some emails

reillywood
Grasshopper

Thank you, that's not the issue though.  The new issue is that when I reply to the flagged email, it doesn't get delivered.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

reillywood hmm, do you get any "email not delivered" or bounce back email? Can you also check webmail to see if the response shows up in your "sent" folder?

0 Kudos

reillywood
Grasshopper

I don't get "email not delivered" nor a bounceback.  I do see it in the webmail sent folder.

I'm confident the issue is with the Shaw side (though could be wrong) because I've also CCed my other email address in one test case and didn't receive the email at that address.

For clarity, this is what I'm meaning:

1. I have two Shaw email addresses: E1 and E2.  I was not receiving emails on E1 from one particular outside email address, let's call it OE1.  I was able to receive emails from OE1 to E2.  I now know that's because of the Shaw spam setting.

2. I can now receive an email to E1 from OE1 and it's flagged with [Shaw Suspected Junk Email]

3. When I Reply to the OE1 email and add E2 (e.g. as CC), I can see the email in the E1 Webmail Sent folder but it's never received by E2 and I strongly suspect it's not received by OE1.  I suspect the Shaw junk tag is preventing the email from being delivered.

4. I can send a new email from E1 to OE1 and it's received (as confirmed by a response I get from OE1)

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

It sounds like there could be something in the content of the email that is setting off the spam triggers... It could be something as simple as the content the email signature, if the original sender is using one. I'd recommend checking in with our technical support team directly so they can grab some examples and send in an escalation for you. 

reillywood
Grasshopper

Thank you.  However, it all seems to be fixed now.  My replies to a spam/junk email are getting delivered, and further, new emails from the outside sender are not getting flagged as spam/junk.  No idea what changed.

Thank you for your help.

shaw-tamara

Oh, perfect! Perhaps there was just something odd going on with the spam filters. Glad to hear it's all good now!

0 Kudos

reillywood
Grasshopper

So, it turns out not so resolved.  The external email is no longer flagged as spam/junk but my replies are not getting delivered.  Only new emails are delivered to the external address.  

Back to checking with support.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Oh no! Definitely touch base with our technical support team members again so they can further investigate. Hope it starts working properly again soon!

0 Kudos

A while ago I stopped receiving emails from someone who s...

R0N
Grasshopper

A while ago I stopped receiving emails from someone who sends me messages regularly.  The email is generally sent to multiple recipients.  I don't receive it and she does not receive an undeliverable notification.  If one of the other recipients does a "reply all", I receive that message.  The sender apparently receives messages I send to her.  This morning I learned that I have also not been receiving emails from a vendor I deal with.  Same issue and no undeliverable notice.  While I was one the phone to customer support they tried to send me a message.  Nothing came through.  The messages do not show up on trash and they are not received on either of my devices or WebMail.  I have not changed any settings.  This is clearly something in the Shaw system, not my computer, not my account settings and nothing to do with the senders' systems.

0 Kudos

Do you have your Shaw webmail set to discard spam emails...

rstra
Grand Master

Do you have your Shaw webmail set to discard spam emails immediately?

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/about-shaw-webmail-s-email-filters-and-spam-settings/ta...

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help