Jump to solution

-- do you live in a co-op building?  Some of them have "b...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Nordic4U -- do you live in a co-op building?  Some of them have "bulk" deals with Shaw that gives them discounts for TV & Internet for each suite.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I think I will have to change to Telus.  I will contact t...

GSwayze
Grasshopper

I think I will have to change to Telus.  I will contact them to see what they would charge for the service I receive.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- I think I will have to change to Telus. Before you do...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@GSwayze -- I think I will have to change to Telus. 

Before you do switch, how many months are remaining on your two-year Value Plan with Shaw?

That contract specifies a $15/month penalty, for each remaining month on your Internet services.

It also specifies a $15/month penalty, for each remaining month on your TV package.

Will Telus offer you money ($30/month times the number of months) as "credit" against your first few Telus invoices,  to pay-out the Shaw cancellation fee?

If you do switch, remember to ship all the Shaw boxes back, through Canada Post. If you fail to do so, Shaw will invoice you $200 per box that you "keep".

If you have Shaw Home Phone, you may choose to keep using it -- there is no contract for you to break. You may "port" your telephone-number, and assign it to a Rogers Home Phone line.

Telus may give you $5/month discount, for having more than one service (TV/Internet/Phone/TelusMobility) with them. Probably, $5 per additional service.

You might want to check "reliability" via www.DownDetector.com  to see if Telus services are any better than Shaw/Rogers services.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help